Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

butane/oil lighter help?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MarathonPimpin, May 13, 2010.

1. I recently bought an oil lighter from here, (looks like a zippo) and I spent an hour trying to get the wick to catch a flame. Now the wick is nearly burnt out, and I am left without a lighter... Any help?

2. i wouldent have any experiences with oil lighter only that i really want one can you try and take a candle wick to it but seriously my alternative to an oil lighter is a candle and a toothpick

3. If it's a zippo you should be able to remove it from the case it's in. After than unscrew the flint holder, take out the pad, remove the fluffy stuff that soaks up the fluid and pull out the wick with something. Replace the wick (you can usually buy it at any store that sells tobacco products), reverse all previous steps. Then buy some lighter fluid (not gas, fluid) and fill the lighter up by squirting the fluid into the fluffy stuff under the pad until it's completely filled. Once you've done that, replace the lighter in the casing and you're good to go.

4. What type fluid are you using?