butalbital?

Discussion in 'General' started by mastershake03, Jun 20, 2006.

1. hello i have 10 pills of butabital and was wondering if anyone has a recomended dosage for them. there is no mg on them and i cant find anything on the internet so if someone could help it would be great

2. Hmm, I could find information on Butalbital APAP.

Fioricet is the brand name of the combination drug containing Butalbital 50mg, Acetaminophen 325mg, and Caffeine 40mg, also commonly referred to as Butalbital APAP for short, APAP being an abbreviation of Acetaminophen.

3. Take Fioricet exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you. Store Fioricet at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Do not take a double dose of this medication. The following is a list of side effects that may occur in the beginning stages of using Fioricet:

drowsiness;
    dizziness, confusion or lightheadedness;
    shortness of breath;
    dry mouth;
    nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, or decreased appetite;
    tiredness, leg pain, or muscle weakness;
    agitation, irritability, nervousness, anxiety or excitability;
    rash or itching;
    feeling of intoxication;
    headache;
    constipation

4. Butalbital, 5-allyl-5-isobutylbarbituric acid, is a barbiturate with an intermediate duration of action. It has the same chemical formula as talbutal but a different structure. Butalbital is often combined with other medications for the treatment of pain and headache.

Combinations include:

butalbital and acetaminophen (Axocet®, Bucet®, Bupap®, Cephadyn®, Dolgic®, Phrenilin®, Phrenilin Forte®, Sedapap®)
    butalbital, acetaminophen, and caffeine (Fioricet®, Esgic®, Esgic-Plus®)
    butalbital and aspirin (Axotal®)
    butalbital, aspirin, and caffeine (Fiorinal®, Fiormor®, Fiortal®, Fortabs®, Laniroif®)
    butalbital, acetaminophen, caffeine, and codeine phosphate (Fioricet® with Codeine

Butalbital, is an addictive, mind (and behavior) altering barbituate. Butalbital can be dangerously habit forming. Butalbital should not be mixed with Alcohol due to increased risk of intoxication.

5. btw the pill is blue and green and the brand is lannet (sp?)

6. i would eat like 4 or 5 of them MAYBE even 6 for a goood buzz.