But if marijuana was illegal...?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by OJBowie, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Would you still smoke it? Because I know some people who mostly smoke it because its illegal.

2. I'd smoke more of it. >_>

3. Marijuana is illegal.

You must be BAKED! :smoking:

4. You know some real douchebags.

-mu

5. sounds like little kids trying to be cool...

6. They ONLY smoke it because its illegal?

what a bunch of dumbfucks.

7. #7 loopster, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2009
    transvaluations (its uncool to not do illegal things) been happening for hundreds of years and always will

ill always smoke i cannot stand to drink

8. That's the point I try to make to nonsmokers - legalizing it is TOTALLY different from consuming it.

I tell them it's ok to be pro-legalization but anti-use. At least that'd bankrupt the cartels and save the lives of thousands of innocent people every year. Nonsmokers should be getting behind this!

9. I dont mean to say that only smoke because its illegal. I just have a few friends who do that.

Yeah, 4 bong hits, and I meant to say legal in the title not illegal. My bad =]

10. There are lots of kids who start smoking because it is illegal. It is called the forbidden fruit appeal. One of the achievements of the Dutch model is they effectively made marijuana boring by taking away this appeal.

If your friends don't like it though why continue smoking? It is pretty fucked to do something only because it is illegal.

11. True. So it's douchebags or kids. One of them.

-mu

12. Or douchebag kids?

13. Ahh... Hybrids!

-mu

14. if it was legal then would worse drugs become the norm? and if it was legal then I could see the prices being jacked which would suck haha

15. Evidence suggests that legalized marijuana would probably lead to a reduction in use.

16. I would smoke it more often.

17. i would personally smoke more, and i think all tokers would, but i think less people would start too. like, some people take their first hit just because their friends do it and they want to fit in and look cool. then if they like it they continue. but maybe if it was legal, and it wasn't a "rebellious" thing to do, then that peer pressure wouldn't exist and those people who really haven't thought about weed before will just say no if they don't want to try it. and then none of those people will ever start.

so it would probably decrease usage. like, everybody's saying that it's immature and stupid to just do something because it's illegal. well, yeah, no kidding. but that's what kids are: immature and stupid. so if it's no longer "badass" to smoke, less kids will do it. and if people don't start when they're kids, they might not do it later in life either, leading to less people smoking overall.

none of that really matters though, it should still be legal even if no one does it. the government has no right to impose legislation that restricts individual liberty for no good reason

18. See the real way to curb abuse is legalization, taxation, regulation, and education. If you combine all of those words together, no kid is gonna think "OH COOL BADAAZZ WEED 101!!!!"

19. holy shit weed illegal?! :eek: :bolt:

20. I would smoke more of it starting out, but eventually slow it to keep my tolerance good and on occassions.