Busted with a scale

Discussion in 'General' started by jakexleet, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Sooo me and a few buddies are sitting around watching some Super Troopers just havin a good ol time smokin a few chronic blunts when all of the sudden BOOM!! One of my friends cars gets plowed into right out front of our house, we run outside only to see a drunk driver has plowed into her car, backs up, and runs right back into it. The guy takes off running and runs into a local bar.. She calls the cops and as soon as they get to the crime scene they walk up to the door and all you hear them say is wow it smells like pot in there... Cops come in, notice what we're watching laughs and says "man what a good movie to be watching when the cops roll up huh?" ask my buddy for permission to search the house he signs the paper and they begin the search... All is good no body but the house owner got charged with anything... Then the cop searches my buddy and says you smell like you've been baking... Now we all know the smell of some good indoor lingers on your clothes for a while but come on, it coulnd't have been that much of a noticable cause.. Cop askes to search his whip he says yes, find a scale and small baggy of weed. Driver says the scales are mine, which they were at one point so I mean I have to take the blame for it... My question is should I get a lawyer for this being my first offense of any sort... Orr should I just go to court, plead guilty, and take the charge?

2. So someone crashes into your friend's car, runs away, and the cops search the house? And you let them? How stupid can someone get?

3. This. I have no sympathy for people who don't exercise their rights. There's absolutely no reason why you should have let the police in your house. Keep that shit in the front yard, where the crime occurred. Never agree to a search, there is no way they would get a judge to sign a search warrant over a hit and run that wasn't your fault.

4. ding ding ding

When dealing with the cops, it's generally better in the long run for you to refuse searches and deny everything.

5. Yes yes, I understand where you all are coming from about our rights and what not, but A. The house was not mine, I had no say so whatsoever about the cops coming in. B. I wasn't outside when the cops arrived to say anything to them about the warrant itself. And C. I'm not worried about the dumb mistakes that were made..... We were "high" at the time so as you could imagine, what do you do when 4 cops walk into the house while you're watching super troopers.... You sit there and look blazed. But all of these answers are not what I'm looking for. I am more concerned as to how to take care of the situation now that it's happened, not look back at how stupid my frriends look for lettting the cops search the crib.

6. You guys were way too high for your own good.

7. Oh believe me, the 4 blueberry cindy 99 blunts that were blazed 20 minutes before the cops had us all to high for our own good. :smoke: but back to my first post. How should I handle this situation, do I plead guilty, take the charge, or would I be better off getting a lawyer and having him settle it all for me?

8. get a lawyer, duh

9. Fuck the bad cops, he just wanted your weed. Crooked.

10. Being arrested for owning a scale?
    Hard-ass police i guess ; D

11. I dont even need to say it. If you concent to a search knowing damn well you are dirty you may as well just handcuff yourself and hell why not just blow the cop while your at it.

12. Yeah believe me I thought I was gravy the whole time, sittin on the couch blazed thinkin "search me I don't have a damned thing on me".... It was my buddy, who is an idiot and was stoned as well, who gave the damn bacon permission to go search his car. And I forgot to say, he ratted me out after the police found the scale and weed in his car.... NOT in the house at all.

EDIT: No body was arrested at the house, 3 citations were given and they left us alone, and said next time you all have some good hydro like this just give us a call we'll come over.

13. This is honestly the dumbest thread I've ever read on GC.

The cops even asked if they could search you. What the fuck did you think was going to happen, the cops would some how not find the bud?

14. Go back and read the thread homie, I was CLEAN... Not a damn thing on me, basically I took a charge for my friend, and I was wanting to know what would be the best decision to do about my court date coming up... Paying a citation is my least worry right now, it's my first offense so I have no clue on how to take care of the issue.

15. dont take the charge cuz your friend snitched, tell him to man up and tell the truth

16. so he crashes and goes into a bar... csb

17. there's a lot of stupidity going on here

18. Being in possession of a scale with no weed isn't a crime. What were you charged with? The only thing I could possibly think of - and even this shouldn't have happened - is an intent to distribute charge, which should get dismissed.

Also, you never said you were arrested or even mentioned getting issued a summons. If he just confiscated it and nothing happened you don't have to go to court you aren't in trouble at all. What happened? So many holes in the story :confused:

19. +1 your friend is the one who allowed the search. He knew what was in his car and therefore should bear the consequences. After your friend called the cops, you and your friends should have discussed how you would deal with them, including how you would react if they requested to search. I know you were high, but a good stoner can switch to sober mode as soon as the cops become involved.

20. Never thought about that. Yeah OP you shouldn't worry. I wouldn't waste my money with a lawyer. Plead not guilty.