Busted with a gram

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Herb man, Dec 3, 2011.

1. So me and my buddy were waiting for the bus after we picked up weed when some homeless guy approaches us. He's drunk out of his mind and making no sense at all. Kept sayin shit like,"I'M THE TERMINATOR!!!!!". So after a while of him bugging us I'm like fuck this. So we start walking to the next bus stop. Out of nowhere, a cop pulls out of the neighborhood in front of us. He pulls over with his lights on and says he got a report of two men harassing people in front of the store by the bus stop. He asked us questions and I told him nothing but the truth. Then he tells my buddy to spread his legs and put his hands behind his back from a pat down. He finds the pipe but I have the weed. He asks where the weed is and now I know we're fucked. I tell him I have it and he's like okay I appreciate the honesty. He cuffed us and let us go with a citation and now I have court in January.

So my question is: Will this affect me joining the military in the future? Cause he said it wouldn't be on my record.

2. Yea it will u won't be able to join nomore.

3. But how the hell would they know if it's not on my record?

4. Depends,

Do you have a record?
    Are you in school now?

If you don't have a record, and you're in school chances of you damaging your record are pretty slim.
    If you only had a gram it isn't like they can hit you with "intent to sell."
    I feel as if they only send people to court for things like that to scare them.
    The judge might say something like "is coming to court risking your record really worth getting high off a gram?" then dismiss the case and give you community service hours.
    You didn't get arrested either, so I doubt it'll hurt you.

The judge will probably tell you to do those hours and your record will be clean.. nbd

5. Yeah, the officer just told me that I need to plead my case and prove I've changed my ways haha. I guess ill have to quit smoking for a month so I can take a drug test and show them.

6. Not sure if it's a make or break but from what I've read it looks like it will create some problems.

Check with your local recruiter if you're concerned, they'll be able to say for sure

I do know that even if you have it "cleaned" off your record you will have to still disclose it. With the background checks they run, cleaned/sealed/ect. will still be seen

7. Yea u do lol u got a court date not in the system but ur in kinda I think u have to deal with thia before u leave if I'm correct can be wrong next tine fuking eat that gram.

8. Bro u gotta quit period not quit for. Month ur in the army lol

9. #9 Meneks, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
    Its only a gram of weed without the intent to sell, I know in a lot of places students who were convicted of selling drugs(primarily weed) are NEVER able to get financial aid for schools, I really doubt this matter would contribute to you not being able to join the army, ESPECIALLY if you haven't been arrested for it.
    Being arrested makes a big difference.

Also you can deny consent to a cop to search you, you weren't "harassing" and you do not necessarily have to answer any questions. This probably couldve saved you

Learn your rights lol

Watch part 1&2, it can give you a general understanding of what you can or can't do

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE8rfefPQ24[/ame]

10. How would I eat the fucking gram when hes standing right in front of me?

I'm not in the Army, and I will quit when I join the military. But for another year I'm gonna keep smoking.

11. just like youd eat a chick nugget.. just swallow fast cuz he is gonna be finger fucking ur throat..

dude its ur choice to join their army, but ur gonna regret it..just saying.. ur gonna be their disposable property.. and in return they dont give a fuck about you, and for what ur gonna be doin the signing bonuses are shit..

12. lmao i did and it was stess i was rollin when gang unit rolled up:cool: its hard to get down and yu might feel sick but its worth it lol

13. oh your good but i always tell the police i dont feel right getting searched for no reason they cant search you unless your in the wrong... courts gunna suck look for a $700 fine dont got it ask for a payment plan. your koo kuz its a mis.;)

VEGAS TALK

14. How petty of you lol.