Busted, what now?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by jakobian, Feb 8, 2009.

1. So I got busted last night for my first time ever for paraphinalia and having like 1 piece of bud in my dorm room. I was 100% complient with the cops. They also asked if I would be willing to share any details on where i got it from for their raids or whatever. I said no but maybe later. I wouldnt dare give up my two current guys but there was one guy who ripped me off bad like for $500 and I would be tempted to give out his info to the po po. They said I would have to go to court and that because it is my first offense ever I can go through a program to get it wiped from my record and such. And that I will have to talk to the RA of the building. Anyone know what might happen with all this and what I should do and if they are going to tell my parents?

Thanks

2. .....

3. You're over 18, so they won't tell your parents (unless the dorm people choose to, which is quite likely, but I don't know if they legally are allwed to), but you might want to so they can help you out. You might get in trouble with the school, and the program he's talking about is expensive if I remember right...

Bum deal, bro. It sucks getting caught. Best of luck to ya.

4. expensive? they said it would entail some classes and maybe community service?

5. like the one thing i am worried about is getting kicked out of school/my mom finding out

6. eh the biggest thing I would be concerned about is losing your financial aid for a posession charge(and YES, you absolutely can!).

Just out of curiosity, what state are you in?

7. i am in ohio but i dont have financial aid and all that so my only worry is the getting kicked out and my mom finding out

8. oha nd with that program and all is my license going to be revoked?

9. #9 dfoolz, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2009
    Possession of less than 100 grams of marijuana is a citable offense only, with a fine of $100. Possession of 100 grams or more is punishable by a fine of up to $250. For possession of 200 grams or more, the penalty increases to a possible sentence of 6 months - one year in jail. Possession of 1,000 grams or more is punishable by 1 - 5 years in prison. Any possession of less than 5,000 grams does not carry the presumption of prison, which leaves available the possibility of probation. Possession of 5,000 grams of marijuana or more is punishable by 1 - 5 years in prison. For any amount or 20,000 grams or more the penalty increases to a mandatory minimum sentence of eight years in prison.
    Delivery of 20 grams or less, for no remuneration, is considered possession and is punished with a fine of $100. Sale or distribution of less than 200 grams carries a penalty of 6 - 18 months in jail. Sale or distribution of 200 grams or more is punishable by 1 - 5 years in prison. Sale or distribution of 600 grams or greater carries a mandatory minimum sentence of six months and a possible 2 - 8 year sentence.
    Sale to minors, sale within 1,000 feet of a school, sale within 100 feet of a juvenile, and previous felony drug convictions all increase the penalty for the sale or distribution of marijuana.
    Possession of paraphernalia is punishable by up to 30 days in jail and sale of paraphernalia is punishable by up to 90 days in jail.
    For all drug convictions, the offender's driver's license is also suspended for a period of 6 months - 5 years. This does not apply to minor misdemeanor violations for marijuana possession. Professional licenses are also suspended.

Source:
    http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4557

I wouldn't be too worried.. Looks like its decriminalized over there ;)

You might/probably will receive some kind of penalty from your college for posessing it on school grounds. Its def possible that your parents may find out somehow from that. Especially because(im assuming without financial aid) that they are paying your tuition and very expensive dorm?? This may end up getting back to your parents who in turn may just get a lil mad, or completely pull the plug on ya(depending on what kind of people they are). Just go look more into your schools drug policys... and also give it a few days to see if the school even knows about it :p

10. idk, i spent all last night deeply depressed after it and spent the time googling suicide methods, maybe i should just tell my mom i got busted and was really depressed and need to see a phsycologist, that might aleviate some of the things

11. Yeah alright its not that big a deal, I'm sorry but get over it. You spent one night feeling depressed and you need a shrink? wow. You clearly are not aware of what depression is and how painful an affliction it is to many people, you arent depressed you are meerly sorry you got caught and afraid of the consiqunces, thus your mind immedatly thinks of the best way of getting out of trouble, IE 'googling suicide methods'. Where did you used to live, neverland?

12. was it campus police or regular police? why did they search your room?

13. dude i am on anti depresseants you are fucking retarded why do you think i smoke weed in the first place? fagget.

and it was the regular police

14. Perhaps you smoked it in order to utilise some kind of spell checker?

In answer to your question, no I am neither currently fucking nor retarded.

15. oh and they didnt search my room

16. Dude, the same shit happened to me last year. Take a deep breath and try to relax. Those next couple of days easily topped the charts of worst days of my life. The only way your parents find out is if the dean of students sends them a letter. You only need to really worry about getting kicked out of the dorms if your dealing and the cops can prove to the dean you do deal.. but what you should do is go to your student legal services(yes every school has one) tell them what happened, they will probably be saddened at the fact yo ugot in trouble for this bull shit and try and laugh it off for you. then they will hook u up w/ a lawyer for pretty cheap. basically all u need the lawyer for is to communicate with the police to find out if anything serious is happening. BUT GET A FUCKING LAWYER RIGHT AWAY! you dont know if they are going to try and make an example out of you or some shit

17. i dont know if i should tell my mother

18. ok jakobian you've convinced me that your a total dumb***

Im done with this thread.. Good luck with your parents and not getting your lifeline($$) cut.. I honestly think it would be in your best interest though, you know, so you can grow the f*** up and see what the real world is like...

19. looks like you might be having a disciplinary meeting with housing or some dean of students. At my college it was a fine / couple semesters probation and a letter home to parents. Even if its decrimmed, a college has to have a drug policy to get federal funding.

20. #20 fraNkthetaNk_, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2009
    that sucks dude...i got caught in my dorm too but i guess i got kinda lucky because they handled it through the school and not through the courts so i didn't get a possession charge. i did get suspended for a semester though but im taking online courses too finish up the semester so its not much of a punishment lol..

but ya dude as far as worrying about getting in trouble and your parents finding out i was in the same boat as you. for like 2 days i felt like SHIT and it was probably the worst two days of my life. but trust me, after everything blows over shit will go back to normal and everything will be fine.