busted, need help a.s.a.p

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by mattd_9, Aug 23, 2006.

1. hey so heres my story.

me and my 2 friends were on the side of the road at around 11:30 fixing one of the bikes, the cops start to roll up so my friend ditched his weed and scale in the bushes beside us.

cops come up and of course see the marijuana, they arrested my one friend whos is actually was and took him into the cruiser, they searched me and my otherfriend found nothing.

they did the usual bullshit tactics like "your smart kids dont lie" bla bla bla, but neither one of us (who wernt arrested) admitted to owning the weed or scale, we just kept saying "I dont know".

we stand there for 5 minutes while they talk to the kid in the cruiser, come back and say he admitted to owning the weed and scale. tell us to go home and theyll be calling in a day or 2.

well the police called last night and apparently im being charged in joint possesion because i was STANDING THERE!

my question is if i were to take this to court and fight it would i have a chance? i never touched the scale or the weed once so i know my fingerprints arnt on it, plus my friend admitted to owning it.

i live in ontario, canada btw.

2. youd probably have a case bieng no evedence was in your possession.

3. ud for sure have a chance if u took it to court man like for you know someone could have tossed it out of there car like theres no positive proof its yours unless like somone snitches

4. Take it and fight it, it's bullshit that your being charged in the first place, the first (and so far last) time I was busted they took my pipe and just over an eighth of bud, I didn't get charged or anything. I'm sure everythign will get dropped if you fight it.

5. take it to court man

6. you can fight it. If you have no priors they might even drop it. Only thing I recommend is have ur own lawyer just in case they pull something out their ass. Cause those legal aid bastids are good for nothing.

Reason y I say that. Tru story. I got pinched at one point. When I was in I met 2 kids. 1 was a dealer..the other his friend. The friend came on the block to pickup the dealer. At that moment the dealer was being setup by the man..lol..The dealer got nabbed and his friend who was waiting for him across the street. Both were young, no priors. They both went to see the judge. The dealer walked and his friend didn't, cried all the way to rikers. The system is really fucked sometimes. Be carefull make sure you are fully aware of what they are trying to hit you with.

7. yea you can fight it, but why the hell did your friend toss his weed and scale? if you guys were fixing bikes? the cop can't do anything...dumb move.

8. Cir got it get ur lawyer and straighten ur shit out,Hopefully they drop the charge.

9. ya... i thought this was bullshit charges, i had never even heard of joined possession before that night.

and my friend ditched his weed and scale cause hes retarted and he doesnt really know his rights...

and ontop of all of this shit happening my mom is now considering kicking me out of the house, unless i plead guilty and do this rehab "choices for change" bullshit.

im thinking ill fight it, most likely win, get my own apartment and i wont have to worry about this shit anymore.

thanks alot for the help everyone wish me luck!:wave:

10. --update--

today i was talking to the other kid who actually had the scale and weed and heres wat he said to me.

he said that he didnt get charged for this but, if he gets in shit within the next 6 months hes gonna get that charge plus trafficing and possession. hes already gone through this choices for change program once, a year ago for stealing an i-pod.

i have never ever heard of police carrying charges over like this, but my bigger question is how did he not get charged if he already had a criminal record.

i think hes full of shit, i think he narced on me and is trying to push the blame on me and the other kid, and i think i need to pay a visit to him VERY SOON!:mad: :devious: .

11. one word: lawyer

that charge will be laughed at and dropped. but lawyer fees suck

12. your friend should get a lawyer too and say its not his weed and he was scared into sayign it was his. but you live in canada so i dunno how the courts are

13. In the wise words of NWA: ***** Fuck The Police

fight it in court, tell everyone you had nothing to do with it.