Busted, Need Advice

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Lucid Dream, Dec 18, 2010.

1. #1 Lucid Dream, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2010
    Okay so let me get the story over with first

Me and my friends pick up 3 Quarters of some pretty good bud, nights going well as where cruising the back roads. Everyone wants to smoke some, having papers we decide rolling a couple is the best way to go. I suggested we pull over in a driveway and do it real quick, but no we go into town and park in a fucking gas station. I should have just got out and said fuck it but every time I've ever cruised around nothing ever happened.

Normal dumbass young person thinking, well halfway through rolling the second joint a cop car rolls around the back of the gas station and pass's right behind us.

heart pounding, I just threw all the shit in the floor....
    for a minute we think we got lucky, but nope he comes back around and out comes the spotlight... cherry's and berries included.

so he walks up to the door and he immediately realizes whats up, he opens the back door and out falls the grinder... he tells us if we give all the shit up and be straight with him we could go home without jail going to jail.

Three of us bull bags out, 4 bowls,2 joints, after a lot of standing in the cold he talks to us 1on1 telling us he'll let us off if we snitch out a couple dealers. needless to say I thought that was fucking ridiculous.

So we all end up with "possession of less then 30g", he didn't include the paraphernalia charge or the fact it was in separate bags. just the "possession of less then 30g".

So I got a court date on Monday, here is where I need advice

What do I have to expect?, Will I be questioned? if so...will this effect the decision?
    I live in the state of indiana btw, all I got is a misdemeanor and this is my first time offense

TL;DR - Busted at gas station,Cop charges us with possession of less then 30g's, question is what do i have to expect when i go to court, will i be questioned and if so about what? , First time offense, Gave up stuff right away, live in Indiana

Thank you for your time blades

2. Offer to take drug classes or something to see if you can't get this expunged from your record.

3. :eek: awwwwww them gona hang you :eek:

4. na just kidding,, tell the court that you just tryed it the once and it was a terible felling and made you feel sick, say yourll never do it again. tell them its upset your family and you have learnt by you small mistake. and DONT go court stoned,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,;) oh go on then:smoke: good luck mate

5. 1) Hire a lawyer

2) If the police officer truly opened the back door without anyone opening it for him there *might* be an illegal search issue. It's going to depend very heavily on recent decisions in Indiana, and I'm not familiar with them. At a minimum, because the charge is a misdemeanor (i.e. <30g) the mere threat by a lawyer of challenging the validity of the search might convince a prosecutor to save money by dropping the charges (especially in a year of budget cuts).

3) Under IC 35-48-4-12, you can have the charges vacated if you fulfill conditions set by a judge (probably a drug class and/or community service). If you can get this off your record, this is the best option. Again, if you have a lawyer, ask about this, if you don't, see if you can work this out.

Good luck.

6. Thanks for the advice guys, I'll ask about IC 35-48-4-12

7. Much better post about 'legalese' and things to consider than somebody from Texas was claiming in their posts.

:)

8. Reported. ;)