Busted MGW...

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by SirFatsNtoke, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Hello all, so last night my sister had some people over. When I went to put the MGW back in my room, I grabbed the top of the bong and the part that is broken just simply lifted off, like someone set it there. I didn't hang out with them at all so I have no clue what happened and my sister was so cool about it and just shrugged it off.

This kind of break looks like something that someone did, it's not a stress break or something cause I would have noticed that before last night. This is all really blows cause I had nothing to do with it and I won't see a penny from whatever fuck head did it.

Anyway, I live in Schenectady NY so I'm pretty close to the MGW place. Could anyone give me an estimate at how much something like this would cost to repair? I'm already like $250 deep in this thing and money isn't flowing around here.

Thanks...

Attached Files:

2. Get your sister to pay for it man

3. i dun really know if fixing it would be cost efficient, glass works pretty expensive if you want it done good(not to mention you have to find a blower you trust not to crap it up) so unless you have a piece thats worth 600-1000 it wouldnt be worth it to spend 200 trying to fix it. the only glass repair ive seen done though was to toros and othr high end stuff so mayb a mgw would be cheaper. i def agree that someone messed ur tube up though dude, that wouldnt just happen sitting there. sorry for your loss

4. Please don't quote repair prices if you have no experience with glass repair. Getting this MGW fixed wouldn't cost more than $60 in the right hands.

5. Im pretty sure having 4 friends who've gotten toros and ills reapired is enough to give a loose quote....i also had a 250$ straight tube kinda similar mid quality glass and it broke almost the same. to have it rapaired would been atleast over a 100 the guy said, the guy i went to is known to have excellent quality repair work though. I wasnt trying to give the dude an estimate really anyways, just sayin it be more worth it to buy a new piece and move on.

6. #6 sinsemillaplease, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2009
    You and your friends are getting robbed. :eek:

Earlier this year I got quoted to open up my toro, remove the broken tree and the perc chamber, and replace the top tube for $100. This was by, arguably, the most well known blower for repairs among the high end glass community.

Also every break is different. The OP's happens to be incredibly easy to repair.... no harder than welding tubes together the same way a blower would do when adding smaller bore over a perc or something. Quick and easy...

OP: Get your tube fixed.... contrary to what this guy is trying to tell you, it is definitely more cost effective to get your MGW fixed than to buy a whole new tube.

7. Ya your def right were gettin ripped lol, but like i said all we get repaired are bongs that cost 800 n up so its worth it to have a blower you know is good to do it. And glass blowings the kinda buisness where if you dont know people or have connections its kind of a pain in the ass to get stuff repaired(if you in the wrong geographic region). Its like givinn your child away to a surgeon you dont knows licensed or not....could come back with his arm duck taped on lol. You live in bay area?

8. If you contact Preston over at SGW you could probably get those ice pinches replaced with a killer worked section or something. That would be pretty pricey though... still totally worth it.

9. I'd get her dumb fucking friends to pay for it or whoever broke it exactly.......... that's complete bullshit "she just shrugged it off" break her cellphone see if she shrugs that off to

10. I know somebody who does joint repairs like that one for $50. ;)

11. Basically unless sensi gives u the dude he knows or you know someone whos had their tube repaired your gonna end up paying too much or getting a shitty job done....,most likely. I do like his idea to get the ice pinches redone with a worked section, would be sick, but def would be pricey(prob get close to original bong cost lol). I'd say save your 100 dollars and live w/out a tube fer awhile( I def couldnt live without a tube so i know this would be hard) and put more cash away and buy a new one. Thats just what i'd do though....if you really like the mgw then go ahead and put more money into it

12. stoneglassworks@gmail.com

Contact Preston and see what he can do for you instead of arguing. You won't know for sure until you get a professional glass blower to look at it and give you a quote.

13. Its not hard to figure out who he is talking about if you know a thing or two about glass. You are just talking out your ass sk8er.

OP you said you arnt far from MGW give them a call or go over there and find out.

14. I still dont think thats gunna be under 100 bro, n ya im talking alittle of of my ass because only my friends have gotten their pieces reapired....if im wrong then im just happy fer the dude cuz his tube will get repaired, but if i had to guess especially if hes guna ship it to the blower. it'll be over 100 dollars

15. It will not.
    :devious:

OP: I'm going to contact a few blowers on your behalf and get a few quotes. If I'm wrong and it's over $100, I will come back to this thread and eat my words publicly.

16. OoOooOo, I wanna see this! :D

17. Haha, thanks a lot...and thanks for all the other replys.

I'm only like 30 mins from MGW I think, that would probly be my best bet. I have a pretty nice 18" MGW also that I like hitting just as much, so I'm not without a tube.

Right now I have no money so it's ganna be a bit before I can do anything with it, but a worked section, or a splash guard would be nice.

18. why not just ask mgw? Why wouldn't they offer repairs for there very own product? Also the founder of MGW has an account in tokecity.

19. coool id really be interested in knowin too. wasnt tryin to like challenge you though just so ya know. cuz you def seem like you know your glass...just was bored n frustrated that repairing bongs is a pain in the ass. I saw how ur toro broke sensi, what'd you pay for that? my friends broke exactly the same n its pretty much the exact same tube.