Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

busted in illinois

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by busted93, Dec 5, 2011.

1. sorry if this is the wrong place to put this thread but im new here. so heres the deal, some friends and i were sitting in a car getting ready to blaze when all of a sudden the cops are on us and decided to run the dog around the car. needless to say they found my bowl and my hitter. all in all we were takin to the copshop when i fessed up to the pieces being mine. i was given a notice to appear on the 22 of december. i was also told to write and sign a statement saying the pieces were mine. the cop did say that it was not a criminal offense but a ndcity ordinance thing. what i want to know is what im looking at. ive looked up il laws and its kinda scary haha. and also my friend who has been through the system here and he says that i wont even get to talk to the judge and just be takin to a room to sign papers and just get a fine or something. another thing i want to know is if its still okay for me to smoke. ive been clean since i got arrested and it sucks haha.

2. wrong section but i can help as ive had 2 paraphernalia tickets in illinois.one in cook county one in dupage county.the one in dupage county was around 150 bucks,but i had a lawyer go in with me,he was free of charge though since hes good friends with my dad.the one in cook county i had no lawyer and it was about 200$
    no jail time or anything,just a fine and i think both times i got 30 days supervision,which just means dont get arrested or a ticket for 30 days and the charges dont remain on your record,but if you do fuck up tthen the charges your on supervision for get stacked on whatever got you in trouble the second time.

oh and feel free to smoke all the way up till your court date,and feel free to smoke before if you want,you will not get tested at any time,unless your a minor and they give you probation.
    if your an adult though your in the clear,as they dont give probation for that kinda shit here.

3. Definitely depends on where in Illinois, huge difference from county to county

4. okay sorry again for putting it in the wrong place. can someone point me in the right direction?haha i just put two and two together. the place is for pieces, i got arrested for pieces haha. and if it helps i am in peoria county

5. eh its pretty much the same across the whole state atleast up north,i have no idea about southern Illinois towns and counties though,but up here pretty much anywhere its a fine,whether your in cook,dupage,kane,lake,or mchenry.

6. sorry for double post,look up a lawyer in the yellow pages from your area,and call him and ask what you can expect to happen as far as penalties go,most will be happy to give you some pointers.
    the internet is a horrible place for legal advice fyi.

7. thanks all your help is most appreciated and i will take your guy's advice

8. Last time for me was in Will county ten years ago. They dropped the possession charge for the ounce of dank. $750 fine and 6 months supervision on the pipe.

9. )= , fock em

10. You'll be fine man.

Like tonester said you'll just end up getting a fine, put on court supervision. If it's your first time offense, and kinda sounds like it, you really have nothing to worry about.

A good friend of mine got busted in dupage with a pipe and a little under a gram. He just went to court and all he got was a 200 dollar fine. No court supervision or anything like that.

11. I got city ordinances (Cook Co suburb) for weed, pipe, and a blackjack (leather "club" filled with lead, like the old time cops carry). Wear a nice shirt, tie, look clean, and you should get what I got (small fine, $50 at the time, and no markdown on your record).