BUSTED! help!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by RickysCheeched, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Well, almost as I just read in another user's post, I got busted last night. As what started out from the day from hell, went to fighting with my dad, which led to me getting kicked out and having to move my things about 20 miles, which led to my telling my parents of my girlfriend's pregnancy, and on and on. All in all I had to move all my shit, and as fellow cheechers:D you know that there's always bs you keep around that you forget about and dont think much about. Well, around 10 o'clock last night, I went to the gas station in my new town (i've lived there before for a while and am very familiar with it, it's close) to get some smokes (marlboro menthols of course) and a 99 cent MD. Well, I go back into town and haven't been to my buddies house in a few months so I thought to drive by and see if he was home. Well, I go past the house and I'm talking on the phone with my girlfriend who just got off of work, and I come to a yield sign. I look to the left and about 2 blocks down, I see a car parked w/ his lights on at a church. I don't think much of the yield sign (I practically have no breaks honestly they're shot) and tap the break for long enough to see that I'm not going to get T-boned, and carry on. Well, in long enough to start pushing the gas again after the turn and looking up into the rear view mirror, there's now a pig on my tail. Here we go, surprise surprise. (which really it is a surprise in this small worthless town, they have no town cop, it was a sheriff?)
    He comes up to my car, acting all Mr. Cool. I give him all the nonsense and he goes back to his car. He comes back and says that I didn't 'yield for long enough'. Which is bs in itself, because nobody was coming and it's a damned yield sign at 10pm in a small town and I tapped my breaks nonetheless. He also says my insurance is expired all smartass like. I then recall being pulled over after being followed for nearly 2 miles before being pulled over for failure to signal about a 2 months ago or so, and that's what was said then. I quickly shut him up by busting out my good insurance card and making a fool of him pretty much. He then asks if I have anything in the car, and I quote "Guns, knives, marijuana, meth, dead bodies, a bomb?". I bust out my pocket knife I have on my waist and lay it on the dash. I also lay another knife on the dash, very small, that I have open and handy sticking in the center console, usually which I have to use to open my glove box, haha. Then I reply telling him that I didn't have anything else. He asks, I'd say 80% tells me, that he's going to search my car. I dumbfoundedly basically give him all the go-ahead he needs by getting out of the car and saying 'go for it', not realizing that I'd moved today and any number of things could have become dislodged and remained in my car potentially f*cking me over. Which well, after he patted me down over on the car (I don't like having my cock grabbed by another man, queer) and made me stand there, he comes back with a piece of metal, yes a piece of a metal pipe, that I was shocked to see thrown onto the hood after not seeing it for quite some time, and an Icebreaker sourmints container, which I already figured had something in it. This was also something I hadn't seen forever, garbage from a tray or something from the last time I moved I believe. A piece of a metal pipe, minimal resin on it, and an icebreakers container with some stems, a few seeds, and a roach paper in it. He also brings a basketball air pump and tells me to take it apart so he can see inside it. I'm not a damned scientist, I take the pump from him, pull back and push on it, look at him "it's an air pump, thats you do with it". This is what I get busted with. Since I'd told him there was nothing in there he was being a dick acting like I wasn't being straight with him. He shows these to me and immediately cuffs me and tells me I'm going to jail. :wave:
    I'm thinking WTF are you kidding me. I let him search it and he finds this bs, pry the smallest possible amount ANYONE has ever been busted with, and then he takes me to jail for it, what an asshole. I even give him my sob story about it being a bad enough day the way it was. But it's his job I guess, that's what his job's all about, being more of a scumbag than the people they bust.
    Got my car towed, when I could have taken it to my mom's only a few blocks away, but he said the tow truck had already been called. dickhead.
    The ride to jail's not a short one, and the jackass got my face slammed into the cage a couple times not paying attention to the road. Turns out he's busted my cousins a few times and has family in my hometown. On the way he tries to get me to deal, saying and I quote 'I could do a few buys for them and it would all go away'. I threw the offer in his face and laughed at him. <- Take heed readers.:laughing:
    He tries to get me for about a million different things (tint, turn signal, broken corner light, no front l.plate, not wearing my glass, all kinds of bs)
    We get to the jail and I go thru all the pics, fingerprinting, all that nonsense. Then I get thrown in this stupid small ass room. It's no shit, the concrete's cold (to quote a line from a song I wrote this morning). I sat shivering cold as hell reading the book Money by ..Sulitzer (pretty much like only the second or third book I've ever even read halfway even haha). It was a killer book, Ill be honest, I'll be sure to check it out again when/if I go back. If not I'm hoping the library might have it, I've never wanted to finish a book this bad, it felt weird.
    Lol, on with the story. After waiting in there for what felt like an eternity, after reading page after page of this book, after sitting uncomfortably with no sense of time whatsoever, finally a lady walks by and says theres a bondsman coming from -a bigger city, over an hour away, maybe 2- 'oh, hurray..'
    After it was all said and done, I got bonded out at about 4:30ish this morning:eek: , after spending almost 7 hours freezing not knowing what was going on in the outside world. It's a whole different place in there, it's miserable. It makes me want to become a marijuana activist or run for president or something, because anyone who's in there for something that caused no harm to others is the biggest drain on people's lives I'm sure. It ruins them. A buddy of mine not too long ago got busted by his own mom for a couple roaches. I got busted with even less. That is completely ridiculous. To be in the same place as thieves, scumbags, murderers, sick perverted freaks, dudes cuttin crack ruining people's lives, etc..
    I got failure to yield at yield sign, possession of a controlled substance: marijuana:smoking: , and possesion of drug paraphenalia. For a piece of a metal pipe, a roach paper, and some sticks and stems, let me refresh your memory.
    I wanted to know your opinions/thoughts on this, and what you think I should do about this. I have court again in like 10 days. All help would be much appreciated it. Thanks for reading, wish me luck.

-Ricky:mad:

And to add insult to injury, the m*th*rf*ck*r runs a stop sign when he pulls back up to the donuthole to take me to get my car. what a douche.

2. that has 2 be the gayest/pointless thing ive ever heard. A fuckin yeild sign and under 0.001grams wow. U prolly wont even get anything for that. Cops jus a dick

3. "that has 2 be the gayest/pointless thing ive ever heard. A fuckin yeild sign and under 0.001grams wow. U prolly wont even get anything for that. Cops jus a dick"

Yeah I agree. That's bullshit. But nevertheless I know what you mean. They can surely put you through lots of unnecessary hassle. Ignorant imbicles. The problem is that there is no real screening process and/ or sensitivity programmes for cops. The state dept. calls such things "waste." Stupid, really. That just attracts the more unqualified people into that circle. SOrry it had to happen to you man....

If u were an intl. student and had a diplomatic (dependents) passport you can tell the puercos to fuck off, but dealing with them can be an pain in the ass for a local. I feel that for sure. You won't get charged, though, don't worry.

4. ftp. I Hate The Police.

5. i really cannot offer any advice as i am not sure what you have to go through for this. I am deeply sorry for such a shitty day man, i dont see how life could get much worse for you so atleast you can mayb look forward to better days. Man what happened was such bullshit, i hate pigs like him

6. wow ur wrong hes not just doing his job on this one hes a complete ass hole .................. i wish u could bust a cops face in and not get in trouble ..... fucking peice of shit cops

7. Wow, what a fucking asshole. Yeah the cops in my town are DECENTLY chill so nothing like that would happen here. +rep for the good story, kept me entertained.

8. Agreed. These are the cops who ruin it for the ACTUAL good cops

9. Lesson 1:

DONT EVER CONSENT TO A SEARCH OF YOUR VEHICLE.... EVER

Just because you think you dont have shit on you doesnt mean dick. Do you know what was in the pockets of every person you've ever driven in that car? Some cops will go through your fucking carpets with a comb and if they come up w/ even a flake of something that looks like weed.... jail. If they find the seed that fell out of your bro's lap when he was rolling a blunt... jail.

So they found the piece of a pipe that you havent seen in years... jail. It doesnt matter how squeaky clean you think you are. Dont consent to a search.

Good luck with your case. i hope you learned something from all this. I know it sucks when you go through some shit like this and you have people telling you what you did wrong, but shit man. What are friends for? heh.

Seriously i hope you get through this w/ minimal bullshit.

Lesson 2: Use paragraphs.. that was fucking hard to read

Edit*

I think its funny that people get so upset about asshole cops. Its their job. I know a lot of you dont have 9 to 5's but for those of you that do, i'm sure you can understand what its like to go to work every single day year after year after year and work. It gets boring after a while. Unless you found your dream job... (which isnt being a cop for most people). Also, for their specific job, when you have to deal w/ criminals for all those years, you better believe that they're gonna be on their toes and out for blood.

10. well you cant get charged for much, better for them to get you know with not much or later on when you actually have like an ounce or sumthing

11. That really sucks man... I doubt they can really do very much against you in court for a yeild sign and very little dope + barely resined pipe unless you live in an area thats really strict with pot and stuff.... Where I live the judge would laugh at that shit..

12. Wish I would have known that before hand. Like I said it was pretty much even over the borderline telling me that he was going to search it.
    People get so upset about asshole cops because of things like that. I said myself that it was just his job so I honestly didn't really need you reverberating that statement. It WAS bs that I was pulled over in the first place, it was bs with everything that happened, but I Do understand it was his job, but you can damn well bet once I have a more important place in the food chain than this guy he will pay, I guarantee it.

not to worried about that i've had more than plenty on me before and never got busted and didnt think i would this time either as i didn't even know it was in there.

..signing off
    -Ricky

13. They will lie to you in order to get you to say something. Thats why you gotta know your rights through and through. You should visit www.norml.org

they have some good info, and if you need a lawyer, they can point you in the direction of one who is well versed in MJ law.

I read what you said and I was addressing the folks who were pretty adamant about the cop, not you. And dont be so sensitive about this shit. Sometimes the truth is a bitch.

all we can do is learn from our mistakes.

14. Well, court is tomorrow morning. Anyone wanna help me here? I don't know whether to be guilty or not guilty i don't know anything about it. help if you can, thanks much.

15. well since usa laws are so strict.. u might get a year in jail for nothing.. ive seen people go to jail cause of failed drug test.. anyhow check ur state laws (norml.org)

-Burned Haze

16. you know that he had no right to seaarch your car. an officer has to have probable cause to search it. all you could of done was ask him for his reasoning to search the car. for all you kids who dont know what probable cause is it is when he smells smoke or sees smoke in the car or sees a bowl or somethig like that. if you knew the law you could of gotten out of that.....

17. he did have proable cause... you really shouldnt have said you had like knives, gun, meth, all that shit on your car... even as a joke, the officer can take it seriously, its a bad idea to fuck with cops, even light heartidly if you think your clean... cuz shit like this happens... next time dont say you have anything illegal in your car. and never consent to a search.

18. f*cking stoner. go read it again. he said that shit to me and i told him no. i never said hey here search my car and said no to him asking me if i had any of that bs with me. i fucked with him none. in the last 2 months i've been pulled over/harassed for, and not only..failure to signal, 1 mph over twice, tinted windows 3 times-the latest just a couple days ago, where i pull into a gas station, 2 DIFFERENT SHERIFFS, leave they're table of FREE food, went and parked across the street, literally, and waited for me to leave, only to pull me over for tinted windows, at 11 oclock at night, in below 0 weather, 'too much glare on my car, suspicious -chrome rims', 3 seatbelts-two of which i was wearing the worthless shit, not STOPPING at a yield sign, and the list just goes on and on and on and oink and oink oink oink oink oink....

i gave him the only pocket knife i had on me before he even asked about anything because like 3 innocent people have been shot and killed by pigs while the people have they're little kids with them. God forbid they get in trouble for killing someone on accident but I get in trouble for absolutely nothing. The law sucks. the penalities for marijuana are ridiculous and if you ask me, all the people locked up and all the people with drug-related, marijuana to be exact, and all those stats are enough to embarrass America enough and make it look childish enough that I don't have to continue any longer. I love living here and wouldn't have it any other way, but these old hags we have making the rules either need to fucking wake up and grow up or just croak.

my two cents
    Ricky

19. oh, hahaha... my bad... i thought YOU were being a smartass and talking smack to the cop saying " yah ive got meth, bomb, dead body" and shit... haha... i was like... damn man ur dumb! but if the cop said that... i was probaly high when i read that... so yeah... that sucks... if your records clean, plead not guilty
    if you have a little dirt... then uhh, get a lawyer and get his advice... in fact get a lawyer anyways.

20. I have very good advice for anyone pulled over by a cop. When you get pulled over, put your hands where the officer can see them (usually on the steering wheel) and don't roll your window all the way down. Open it only an inch or two so that you can talk with the officer. This prevents the officer from sticking his head in your window to get a sniff or a look around. Second, if he asks you to get out of the car do so, but make sure you never leave the car door opened. This is a direct invite to search your vehicle. Instead exit the car and lock the door behind you and put your keys in your pocket. If you are not under arrest they cannot search your vehicle. If they do ask just say these words politley, "I do not consent to searches officer." He/she will probably ask why you locked your doors. You just tell him you always lock your doors and it is force of habit. This is when the officer will try and trick you if he really wants access to your vehicle. He will probably tell you to open the door if you got nothing to hide. Also, he might threaten to have dogs come and then they will tear your car apart. Stick to your guns. They need a warrant even to bring a dog. If you follow this advice the worst that will happen is you will get a ticket for what-ever and be on your way.

Keep in mind that you might get an officer that does not go by the book and force you to open the door. If this happens DO NOT RESIST. This will just cause you more problems. Most likely when it gets to court it will be thrown out. Also, if you are arrested they can and will search your vehicle. I know in Canada you can be arrested by just not providing a drivers liscence. In this case they can search your car so make sure when ever you drive you have all the paper work. If you do have anything you don't want to be caught with, put it in your trunk. With the keys in your pocket, they will have to ask you for entry, and at that point you can deny.

Just thought I would let you in on what I have readin the past about protecting your rights. Also I speak from experience and have done what I have wrote above and it has worked every time. Usually if you are not alone it works best. When alone it is your word against the officers. Believe it or not, most police will follow the rules to an extent. They do not want to get in trouble either.

Good luck and stay safe!

TGT