Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Busted for Possession

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Bernie-Mac, Sep 8, 2010.

1. #1 Bernie-Mac, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2010
    Whats going on everybody?

Well it finally happened, when I went back home to Las Vegas for vacation I was busted for possession & paraphernalia. The cop was a cool dude and just wrote me a citation for it so I have to go back home (I am in california for college) in October for a court date. It is my first time being busted for anything lol and I was wondering what to expect/tips/etc.. Thanks a lot.

Oh, and its my first offense and i am 21+, since I know that matters in nevada.

2. join the club, we meet every thursday. were trying to raise money for a group trip to amsterdam

3. I got caught last year and it was not too bad. I had to go to court and the judge made me go to a lecture at some community college where I had to sit for 8 hours with like 100+ people listening to a cop. After that was done I brought back proof that I went there and they dismissed the case like it never happened. The class cost 40 dollars which was the bad part other than that no other expenses. I don't know which court you'll be going to but for the people in the LA/OC area this is usually the punishment. Basically its just really time consuming going to court twice and going to the lecture.

4. Thats good to hear, i have to go back to vegas though where their marijuana laws aren't as lenient as cali. I don't like need a lawyer and shit right?

5. i would deffinitely get a lawyer unless you are just planning on pleading guilty but sometimes you can get off on a technicality and have no record...if you are interested in a lawyer i wouldcontact norml they have a lot of good marijuana specializing lawyers. good luck hate to hear another person arrested for suc a harmless plant.

6. I would get a lawyer bro, it never hurts in court to have legal representation.

7. i got a paraphenelia ticket as a minor and ended up having to go get drug tested a couple times and do community service and pay a 135 dollar fine. i know friends that got possession charges as minors and both had pretty high fines, like 600 or 800 dollars, but no community service. so expect something like that.

8. #8 kojopolis, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2010
    cops try to search your car act cool and tell them you don't consent to any searches
    it works here but idk about America i heard they got a lot of dirty cops

9. I would definitely get a lawyer since any drug charge can cause you to no longer get financial aide through the government.

10. That only works on paper in the US, in reality that's cause for some bogus charge for them to be able to search your car.

11. Get a lawyer! If you have to pay 5,000 for a good one, it's better then being in jail for how ever long.

12. if its you rfirst time youll probably get probation for 6 months

13. I used to live in Pahrump, Nv before they had medical laws and I know a guy that did 2 1/2yrs for a pipe and an eighth. I would definitely suggest getting an attorney. Everyone hates them until they need them!:D

14. how much did you have?

the laws must be different in america. i was busted with a joint and was just given a warning. didnt even go on my record! from the UK here by the way.

15. When it comes to marijuana in the US its pretty fucked up. It's more of a state to state thing. I live in Oregon and a lot of people smoke openly in parks, but when it comes to a state like Nevada you could be in trouble.

Like everyone is saying get representation and don't be an asshole, cooperate with them and since it's your first offense I can't see them making too big of a deal about it. Also depends how much you got busted with.

16. Nevada is rough on pot :

"For adults, marijuana possession is decriminalized (meaning it is a civil citation, like a traffic ticket), so the law is considerably more lenient. Possession of any amount of marijuana is treated as a misdemeanor, and carries a $600 or $1,000 fine for the first and second offenses, respectively, but no prison sentence (though if the amount is significant, the court may prescribe drug treatment). The third offense can carry up to a year in jail, and a $2,000 fine."

Check it out at:
    Marijuana Laws in Nevada Lawyers

Move to cali lol. All you get is a $50 fine and a traffic school-esque type of lecture, like weedsmoker500 said.

17. As being a person who's been arrested with 1/4 zone, and possession, and paraphernalia, expect at your age, that you'll be going to a rehab type thing, not a live in rehab, just like weekly classes. That should be a reduced sentence since your still in college.