Busted For Harvesting Hemp!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BillyBritPop, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Back in the summer of 1992, I was driving back from San Francisco to catch up with The Grateful Dead at their first east coast stop on their tour in Ohio.

I was traveling with two other guys and we didn't have much money. But we had enough money to buy 10 sheets (1 sheet = 100 tabs) of LSD in SF before we hit the road. The thing was, we got ripped off and bought 1000 hits of bunk LSD! We did have about 200 good hits but those were for our head.

So anyway, on the ride from SF we were selling bunk LSD but we needed to as we had no cash. It was bad karma!

In Nebraska we stopped for gas early one morning in Nebraska City. There was a cop there and we were driving a yellow VW Camper with NY plates and we all had long hair and beads and Tie Dyes. Man, we were hippies. But it was early and we didn't think anything of this cop.

Anyway, we start out and we're driving through the corn fields and I say, "Man, the last time I was in Nebraska my uncle showed me marijuana growing on the side of the road!"

Well, this perks up my two pals and five minutes later, at 60 mph, one of them yells, "DUDE, I swear that's marijuana right there!" I slam on the brakes and we all run out of the van and sure enough there are 8 foot tall marijuana plants all around us! Little did we know it was hemp!

Anyway, we pick about 6 foot-long buds and hop back in the van.

About two miles down the road we're coming over this hill and WOAH! There is two cop cars blocking the road and the cops are there with their rifles pointed at us! It was like a scene from COPS!

They search the whole van and find the LSD!

We were charged with LSD possession and harvesting marijuana (even though what we picked was hemp).

Anyway, we get thrown in the county jail and we are there for 45 days until they arrest three Mexicans with 500 lbs of weed and they need room in the jail (it only held 12 people) so they kicked us out telling us never to go back to Nebraska again!

No problem!

2. Haha, I enjoyed reading that...!

3. yeah me too, nice anecdote

4. hey G-MAN what means anecdote?

5. hey G MAN, are you from BC? Lots of friends buy drugs of all kind from a guy they all call G Man.

and for the guy who got 10 sheets of LSD, how much is it a sheet? I heard that if i wanted i could buy a 100 hit sheet of this really powerful LSD for $250 a sheet.

6. Well, a sheet back then in 1991 was $40 for real or fake LSD. Yeah, it is 100 hits. But hey, if you can get a sheet now for $250 and it's legit, let me know!

7. I want sum cid but its so rare.. None in the uk i dont think....

8. my friend said it's the same stuff we get, which 2 hits makes for a fun day and 6 hits makes for a day where you have no clue where you are for 6 hours of the 14.

9. The town i live in has NO acid what-so-ever.. the people that claim they do have like vitamin pills and try to pass them off.. It's so bogus. Loved the story, made me realize that I really havn't had it so bad... lmao

10. they had it so so good. getting released after they were busted with 1000 hist of LSD and some weed in the US. They have got to be the luckyest basterds alive. If thoes cops weren't so nice, he'd probably be in prison still.

If i was them i'd send some flowers and chocolates to the station as it would be funny to thank them for letting them go.

11. Please man, the 1000 hits were bunk! They charged us with possesion of LSD, not blotter paper. Sure there was some real acid in there, but after testing the 750th bunk hit they probably gave up. And the weed thing, please. It was hemp. And no backwards hick state like Nebraska wants to waste time and money prosecuting three city slicker hippies. The fact is that Nebraska is lucky we didn't hire some smart lawyer who would expose the shame for what it really was! Entrapment! Nebraska knows that hemp grows wild, they chop it down in the fall, shit man, they were waiting for us.

12. crazy man one day i want to spot a big massive weed plant that'd be great!!!!!! yeah now a days i'm gonna have an eye out for those plants!!!

13. that would be hillarios if they grew big plants on the side of the road and just waited for someone to harvest it so they would have some one to arrest.

14. It's not that funny if you're the one they are arresting. Remember, this is hemp but they charge you with Marijuana possesion. Hemp was grown in Nebraska for a myriad of purposes. Then Mexicans started smoking it and now it's illegal. Trust me, the whole jail was filled with locals who picked hemp. It is a racket out there. Man, 13 years later and the same public defender is there. WTF? You think he'd have moved on. But he's a good ole boy. I'm just glad they didn't take us out in the field and scalp us!