Busted by Firemen?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GrowMoe, Jan 14, 2011.

1. #1 GrowMoe, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
    This is the story of what happened yesterday. It's kind of a long story and a bit complicated, but bear with me.

Yesterday afternoon my landlord called me and told me they were going to turn off the electricity in the neighbourhood that night and he asked me if I was aware of this. Now of course I wasn't, so that was the first I heard of it. No problem, I said, and mentally prepared myself to be without power that night. I have two growtents full of cannabis and one of the tents are in the last week of flowering. It smells a bit but it wouldn't interfere with the light schedule (it goes off at 9).

So, 11.25 that night the power got shut off as planned. When I was just about to go to bed, just after midnight, I looked out the window and saw the flashing blue light from a firetruck. Then I saw the firetrucks themselves. First there was 3 big ass trucks coming down my street and stopping right outside my door. Then within one minute there were 6 big trucks and one regular SUV-type firetruck outside. I just stood there thinking "WTF, where's the fire???"

The street was crowded with firemen, and firemen only. They ran around looking for a fire. It seemed like they didn't know where to go... I opened one of my windows so I could look up the ally, and one of the firemen saw me. He asked were number 6 was (which is my apartment) and I felt a slight panic rising in me. My heart started beating faster. I was like "yeah that's here, why?" to which he responded "Come down and lock up the door..." I said OK and went down to open up. When I came down he met me in the doorway. He said that someone had called in and reported a noise coming from a fan and some smell. Now my first thought was "Someone is complaining about my fans and the Cannabis smell, I'm fucked..." I had just smoked a spliff, so I was high as a mofo.

I told them there was no electricity so there were no fans running at my place. They just looked at me weird, cause they didn't know it was a planned event. Like I hadn't payed my bills or something... High as I was, I started explaining. They said OK, and told me not to lock the door, in case they needed to get in. I ran upstairs and lit a sig, to cover the weed smell, and I went around puffing as a mad man. After a few minutes I decided to go down to the door and check what they were doing. Two firemen was right outside my door waiting for me. They asked "Is there any way to get through here... to the appartment next door?" I quickly said "No" and they asked me for how long I've been without power. I answered the few Qs they had.

The two firemen came to the conclusion that it must have been a emergency generator that was turned on when the power went out, and that was making the noise. I have no idea what smell they were talking about... So it was just a false alarm, but that was a close one. If they had got into my appartment when they first got there, they couldn't have missed the weed-aroma, no way, and I would have been busted.

So, all the firemen left, and I was just standing there like "WTF just happened"...

2. 6 Fire trucks over someone calling and reporting a noise coming from a fan and some smell.

There was not even a Fire seen and 6 fucking fire trucks show up?

3. It's best to be prepared. A fire like that can kill many and ruin lives, man.

4. #4 GrowMoe, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
    Yeah, and actually it was 6 BIG ones and one small one... :smoke:

But it's not that long ago one of my neighbours had a fire in his kitchen, and then only two trucks came...
    Weird, cause that was a fire, kind of... His house didn't catch on fire, it was just something burning and making alot of smoke.

5. Apparently one of your apartment mates is being a dick.

They should have called the FD but its better than the cops. Firefighters couldnt care if you're growing, just as long as you are catching anything on fire. I doubt they will report it to cops are anything. They probably just wanted to go back to bed.

6. Damn son thats crazy id be trippin.

7. must have been the fire ur growing:smoke:

8. Lol not where i live but im sure firefighters dont like Grow ops. Most people dont know what there doing with wires lmao.... Which causes more stress for them and im sure they would be tight if they lost one of there men over a young stoner trying to do a 2 plant grow going in with massive watts through the wall.

Yet you could say its the electrician who did the wires at first?? but idk... haha.

Firemen are better then police in my opinion :D

9. Shit dude, I would have shat a brick

10. Yo if people are complaining about a smell you should really look into a filter / better filter. And 2 grow tents in an apartment? I'm sorry but you're asking to get pinched.

11. You are growing in an apartment?

12. if the call was about a weed smell, they wouldnt have sent the fucking fire dep. the cops would of came.

13. Let me tell you something about firemen and Cops. Its sorta like the Navy, Marines etc they all hate each other its sorta like a rivalry. I have worked on a fire dept for the past 3 years and have been involved with them (explorers) for 6 years before that, i can tell you that there are 2 types of people that want to be fire fighter 1. Those who inspire to be fire fighters and 2. Cops. I would never rat someone out to a cop... EVER

14. Seriously, its like that? I had no idea thats how they were.

What are they competing over? Who does the most good for the community? Cause if thats the case, then fireman would have already won.

:devious: Tailgate light tickets are no good for any community.

15. Man, somebody is probably giving you fair warning.

You need to get your shit out NOW. I garuntee it stinks like dope in the persons apartment who called and they're probably fuckin fed up with it.

I would be too.

16. I really dont think the firefighters would care about weed man.

17. #17 GrowMoe, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011

Eh, are you serious?!? Of course they fucking would. They are employees of the state, and they would call up the cops as soon as they had seen any weed. I can guarrantee that. Maybe, they wouldn't care in the US, but over here, I would certainly be screwed if they had found it...

Also, I live alone in the appartment, so nobody has ratted me out. And as somebody already pointed out, if they had, it wouldn't have been the firedepartment that came, but the police.

And please don't come here talking about smell and that it's just a matter of time before I get busted. It wasn't the weed they smelled, but gasoline/diesel or someting from the machine that was making the racket. I just automatically thought they were talking about me and my weed, and got insanely nervous.

18. i didn't read the story but i can tell this was probably quite a HOT situation to be in

19. I would get the fuck out of there. like now.....

And well obviously nobody in your apartment called them up it was the dude next to you. He probably hates you because the whole building reeks. 2 grow tents in one apartment, i lol'd.

20. #20 GrowMoe, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011

Yeah, well it's a 2 bedroom apartment and it's not that small. The tents are in the spare bedroom. I don't think anyone knows. I would already be busted.

But maybe you're right, who knows... Thanks for making me more paranoid man.

It was just the power-out, and a diesel power-generator - false alarm... get it now?