Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Busted by a faulty cop

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JustSomeHighGuy, Nov 13, 2013.

1. #1 JustSomeHighGuy, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
    Let me first just state I have a marijuana card, but I did forget to say it. However they searched my wallet and had all my cards, including mmj, on my hood in display. Also, He said I was high. People cannot tell you that your high, especially this guy not even testing. I could have just been holding my shit, as I always am.

So I just smoked some bud with my buddys in my car and was heading back home. Than a cop pulled into my lane, swerved around a concrete barrier, was clearly a last second choice, and we stopped about 5 feet apart facing eachother. I was just honked at by bus and was having flashbacks of being a dealer for awhile just 4 months ago, and thought i was being pulled over, but he was just trying to pass cars.

The cop than gets out, without a hat (was told thats not full uniform) and charges my driverside door and opens it to ask what I am doing. I use to get pulled over all the time and would get away, so I know my rights really well, but he just did it, and as he did, my bong tilted out the crack and in clear view.

He kept talking to me, looking around the other officers, than decided he was going to do something (I have to do something , hes just blocking me, he said) He asked me for my weed and I gave it too him. He than asked me to get out of the car, and kept saying your stoned. I know your stoned. I said Ill do any test and he said nope. I messed up saying some information and he said it again and I said I AM NOT THAT HIGH BY MISTAKE! was so pissed but anyway, he took all my weed and the bong. Gave me a 100$ ticket for blocking an officer. Than Impounded my car for drugs.

Now he only impounded my car for 24 hours, but he came over to me and said Here;s what Im going to do. This car is in your parents name who currently live in NB. (Im in BC all the way across the country) I am going to impound your car and only they can take it out. You have no more car anymore. Now Im finding out I have to pay everyday its in there, and I couldnt find the place looking for it the other day, but what if I cant even get it out?

So heres what im wondering, if he didnt do any sort of test, opened my door without permission, and had no hat on, What can I do to benefit my case throught court which I dont currently have to do? If I dont have to pay for my car in the impound Id rather not, where I didnt do anything too wrong, I mite as well not have been stoned but had my bud and bong on me( MMJ Patient) I always get away from police got pulled over like 10 times in less than a year in my hometown so Im pissed. cheating fucker.

the cops were also being dicks, making me sit on a curb that had the cop car infront, telling me I could beg for my stuff, and just acting like it was a good time.

2. damn man thats some bullshit, go get some professional legal help, we cant really help you here, if your in CO there is a hotline you can call for this info. lmk if you are.

3. mmj card or not, your not allowed to consume in public or operate anything while medicated. Your own poor choices have got you caught up and honestly the best thing you can do at this point is own up to your mistakes and hope for a judge and prosicuter who are not looking to make an example of you. PEOPLE!!!! STOP DRIVING HIGH!!!! Even if you just took one toke, you are making a case for these anti-weed nuts who point at intoxicated driving as the worst crime involving weed. People die in cars everyday because we forget that were all driving around in 2000 pound death-mobils.

4. You say he didn't have a hat on?

Case dismissed

• Like Like x 4
  5. Better call Saul!
    Breaking bad tho.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. I was with ya up till this

• Like Like x 1
  7. You a lightweight or something bro? I want real help. First of all, I dont need to deal with a judge and prosecuter because he only impounded my car and gave me a little ticket. I would like to because he didnt follow the rules, so its fucked to arrest me for breaking them. Also, Lets pretend I wasnt high because I been in many police situations, way more stoned, and got away driving. But forget that, I was not stoned, however I smoke in my car (cant smoke in the land lords basement) and ofcourse my shit was in there. I havent used it since the night before.

8. call a lawyer my friend

9. The thing is that a lot of people, esp the younger tokers, simply can't matain while high, then to add traffic rules and other drivers and kids running in to the street, not a pretty picture. I have been smoking many years and have no problem driving after smoking but face it, many people can't talk normal after smoking, let alone drive. Driving while high is not a good choice even if your a seasioned smoker simply because your still going to be in the shit if some asshole hits you and its your not at fault.

10. Nah bro, just a responsible adult, thats all. Parent and all that, pay bils, own a house.

11. Lets leave the mindset of, Everyone knows. Or that the cops can see everything, or remember that you can lie for the sake of your own wellbeing and possibly save yourself. I do agree with you about the first part, but if you yourself had a fat bong session and left the house to a weed and paraphanilia free car. You being high only matters if you yourself make it matter because people cant tell and without weed you can quickly have a cop move on. Im not saying do that, but never not allowing yourself to be high while you drive and can (I wouldnt even consider it shit if it wasnt a big deal because other people cant control themselfs) is limiting and not needed.

12. Wait... This was in BC???

Take this up in court man, that's a load of bullshit. BC cops rarely hassle anyone for weed...

13. Contact a lawyer and go to the impound lot and try to get your car back.  If the officer there says the owner of the vehicle needs to pick up the vehicle, try to tell them that your parents are across the country, but you can always call them.  I think that's the only thing that you can really do.

Personally, I don't think you should smoke in the vehicle and leave any of your paraphernalia inside the cab, it should at least be kept in the trunk.

• Like Like x 2
  14. So I take it you have never met one of our fine intoxication experts employed by many police departments, In many states it is admissable in court for a "expert officer" to simply look and talk to you with simple training to determin if you are under the influnce of many substances including weed. I myself feel this is a crock but the courts seem to feel it is a viable way to detect intoxication esp if driving or if children are involved. The single most important thing to remember is that your driving around in a very heavy hunk of metal that has been proven to kill time and time again.