Busted! Any advice? Nys

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Jfw098, Sep 16, 2010.

1. I just received a upm in nys it's my first offense of any sort besides speeding tickets. I'm ex military honorably discharged I had roughly 23g a bowl and a scale that was found when the trooper searched
    My vehicle after seeing blunt guts and saying he smelled the stale odor or Mary j. I'm just curious about the repercussions I'm 20 years old - I also got a seatbelt ticket for not properly wearing my seatbelt. I was only ticketed w a seatbelt and upm violation. Just trying to figure out what's Gonna happen before it does.

Side note: the job field I'm currently in does not allow for any drug related offenses on my record (whatever theycan see when they pull a background
    Check) will this show up!?

Thanks guys!

Joey

2. Smile and pay the fine.

3. Haha :) will do but will it show up on my background check for employment in the future? Or? I heard mixed views like saying it's a penal law so it'll show up on background check and that it's only a violation so it won't. And some shot about federal law v nys law.

Thanks for the reply burning!

Thanks
    For the advice.

4. I'm not sure if it shows up on a background check, I would make the assumption that it is likely. I vaguely remember from a business law course that on employment applications they cannot ask if you have ever been arrested, but their standard acceptable question is along the lines of "have you ever been convicted of a crime excluding minor traffic violations."

So if they can ask about it, I would figure they can verify it as well. Either way just be glad they didn't hit you with an intent for having the scale. (I'm ignorant to your ability to catch an intent with less than a zip if anyone could clarify that for both of us).

5. That^^^^

As long as there not trying to pin you with a felony I wouldn't sweat it.

6. Thanks guys. I'm hoping that it will not show for employment or whatnot. I guess time will tell. Thanks fellas

7. Get a lawyer and plead not guilty.

There's a very good chance the lawyer can talk them down to a small fine plus community service in exchange for expungement. A friend of mine recently got into a similar situation and this worked for him.

Good luck.

8. hm.. same thing happend to a friend of mine, you should be fine there is no real way your job will see it unless they check up on you, which I dough