Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Buspar and weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Cataclismic, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Can i smoke while on this medicine? How long after not taking this medicine can I smoke? I tried posting this for like 4 hours wtf

2. Buspar is anti anxiety medicine. Really want to smoke soon so please help

3. #3 Cataclismic, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2010
    *bump* Not to be a dick or whatever bumping my thread but people have viewed the thread I just want to know if I'll die before I smoke

4. dude just google it.

5. I did and couldn't find shit on it. That's why I have went to 3 different cannabis forums looking for an answer

6. well i just did some research. the only medication that really has any contradictions with marijuana is an maoi which is a category that contains many antidepressents. Buspar is not an maoi. im not a doctor but im about 90% sure you have nothing to worry about man.

7. Second opinion?

8. yes..

just dont drink and drive...

9. I've taken Buspar before while smoking, Takes away some paranoia and shit..So you'll be fine. People Smoke, Combine Bud with Xanax,Valium,Kpins and oxys and shit all the time. Just be careful not to drink while on them.

10. If this study is any indication Buspar may reduce the effects of cannabis:confused: Only real way to tell is try it and find out. Concurrent use is apparently not contraindicated.

A placebo-controlled trial of buspirone for the tr... [Drug Alcohol Depend. 2009] - PubMed result

11. Cannabis has very few negative drug interactions. You'd have had better luck posting this in the medical section probably, but still I would not worry too much. Take a hit and see how it goes. If you are on anti-anxiety meds I'd try to stick to Indica dominant strains.

12. #12 Bodybuilder1010, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2010
    You have an anxiety disorder I would stay away from smoking pot and take your medicine.

Pharmacologists call pot a "dirty drug" it contains THC and 65 other cannabinoids - its pretty much impossible to tell what happens when you mix buspar with pot but most Doctors with 10+ years of college recommend not mixing the two.

Im an RN I would recommend pot for stress but not anxiety disorders

Peace out GL

13. I don't have an anxiety disorder. My doctor said I don't have a disorder because my symptoms have not occurred for more than 6 months. I was told my anxiety issues had come from stress buildup and quitting smoking mj after heavy use for many months

14. And, due to the current limits on cannabis research, these doctors have absolutely nothing to base their judgement on. They are not going to learn anything useful or valid about cannabinoid/ anti depressant interaction in college, even if they go for 100 years:D

15. If its anything like Xanax it should be ok. Alot of people get barred out and smoke.

16. i take klonopin for anxiety, but it's a benzo(not sure what buspar is) but one time i smoked while taking my regular dose (2mg 4 times daily) and i woke up in the er, apparently my big bro called an ambulance because i wasn't breathing. but that was 3 years ago... they said that both weed and klonopin slow down your respitory system and combining them is dangerous.

17. Well I smoked more and after two weeks i really don't have that craving to smoke as much. I'm not even as high as i expected. I'm more like leveled off.

Good things are that I haven't induced any panic attacks after smoking. I think that I had alot of stress and just overloaded on stress and stopping smoking weed after months of heavy use daily just mixed into one. So Idk exactly if smoking weed while under the effects of buspar causes any negative side effects as the last time i took it was like 6 hours ago

18. Your not going to notice anything after taking it - it takes weeks to build up in your bloodstream to notice any therapeutic effect-

19. Pharmacologist and Doctors make over $100 000 a year for the work and knowledge they provide - Doctors graduate from med school "A medical school is a tertiary educational institution-or part of such an institution-that teaches medicine.

They spend years studying what effects meds have on brains and the possible effects of mixing meds or substances that interact with each other. And most Doctors want stronger marijuana for study.

20. Unless you're a neuropharmacologist you don't really spend that much time on medication interactions in med school (esp. when compared to the business management classes). There is a lot of on the job training, which results in things like...
    Study Ties New Doctors to Jump in Hospital Deaths in July | Special English | Learning English