Business section..

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Mantikore, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think a business section would make a nice addition to GC. A place where business owners can advertise, look for employees/help, general feedback..

Here is what I am thinking. Someone with a business that isn't related to cannabis in any way nor is competing with the GC head shop can post ads. Like someone who sells bongs can't use it, but someone who sells something like.. candles.. can.

Hopefully soon, if all works out, I will become a small business owner. I would like to "hire" blades to sell my stuff, like an affiliate program. Some blades out there might be business owners as well. They could make an ad looking for employees. If they're in CA or CO, chances are they have a few blades near by, some might even be in need of a job.

I think only members who donate should be allowed to post in it (all others can look, just no touchy). It'd cut away new members with 1 post trying to sell a scam.

For me, if I ever get my thinger going, I'd post an ad like:

Now introducing the *blank*..

Placing *blank* in your aquarium would be a welcomed addition to your tank. Your crabs and snails will feel more "at home" with *blank* and be less stressed..

*blank* normally sells for *yadda yadda yadda*, but any blade who PMs me will get a 10% discount.

(If interested in reselling *blank*, please email me. You'll receive *random percentage* of profits earned from sales you generated.)

Something along those lines, I haven't thought this out completely, but it'd be nice to see somewhere.. If anywhere, legitimate, noncompeting business blades would have to use the general forum and either have to bump it every 10 minutes or let it get buried and unseen.

2. #2 WildWill, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011
  3. I'm not sure how comfortable people would be with it, but sure I guess if people aren't selling glass / other things grasscity already sells I don't believe it would hurt.

4. Only stuff that is not related to cannabis or cannabis use. Like for me, I'll hopefully soon be selling a new aquarium product. Even if I can't use GC to sell it on, I could maybe look for salesmen or employees or even advice as was said in the other thread.

I can see what Carmine said, about not letting people know too much about you and your business, but someone like me, I could care less if they knew I smoked marijuana.

5. That's actually giving me a idea for advertising 420 friendly jobs "no drug test for marijuana use" or something along those lines, but then that opens too many opportunities for LEOs to make contact with people in non-medical states so nvm.. =(

6. Naw man, never gonna happen, guaranteed. They don't want anything to do with advertising.

7. yeah i dont think they want to turn grasscity into a stoner craigslist

8. I mean for anything NOT related to MJ, lol, just to avoid any kind of drama.

Blade A has a business selling vacuums. Blade B needs a new vacuum and happens to stumble across Blade A's post and buys a vacuum.

Edit: Annnnnnd now that I think about it, it's an idea that'd backfire terribly. A grower/dealer would more than likely use it as a front for MOM..

9. Yeeeeeah, definitely a bad idea.

"Huh, that guy is selling baking soda by the gram? Weird!" :p

Not only that, but how many people want other blades knowing their name/address? Especially growers? You don't know who you're giving that info to, and you don't know if they might use it later in malicious ways. :poke:

Definitely not the kind of thing that would be a good idea here. ;)

10. Follow up question. If I ever do get this going, it'd be a product for aquariums, would I be able to post in general looking for "salesmen"? I want to set up an affiliate program of sorts. Where if someone generates a sale for me, they'd get a certain percentage of the profit.

I am far from a greedy person and don't mind sharing profits. The way I see it, anything is better than 0% and GC is the biggest "community" I know. I'd have no problem giving a blade anywhere from 5% to 25% of the profit of my product they sell..

11. Dude, no. It's not going to happen

12. I'm not talking about another section.. Lol, you seem kind of agitate-able on this. Not trying to ruffle any feathers, but if I do get my thing going, I would like to "hire" blades.

It's a product for aquariums.. There are tons of mom and pop pet stores that I'd never even hear of who could sell it. If a blade knows of one in their area and they can get them to stock my product, they'd benefit.

Imagine if you knew of a locally owned pet shop. You tell me the name, I'd send you the stuff to make a sales pitch to them, they agree, you get, let's says 10%. They buy 50 at $15, you'd make $75. That's each time they purchase til they or me go out of business..

Blades helping blades is the core of this idea.

13. I'm not agitated. I'm just trying to tell you that it doesn't matter, the owner if the board isn't going to allow it, so you might as well try to do this thing elsewhere instead of continuing to espouse what you want to do. Because again, it's not going to happen here.

I guess you won't take no for an answer until it comes from Superjoint or RMJL.

14. im totally for this.....about time too..i remember some dude/chick asking for a finance section but this business section would rule.....way to go op man

15. we have something cooking but it will be more a paid classified section, it's nit sure though, but something we have been thinking of a long time, as it seems people are selling already via the forums, so we might better get paid for it....

SJ

16. cant beat em, join em....:smoke:

17. That's awesome! Kind of what I was trying to get across.. I would have no problem paying for a business membership or per ad, however you decide.

Any hints as to when this might happen if it does?

18. No hints...but if it does happen, everyone will be aware. :)

...but it won't be where individuals can just sell their 'stuff'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.