bushy plants? When do they grow up?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mr johnsonvillebrat, Jan 6, 2010.

1. #1 Mr johnsonvillebrat, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
    Hey all, just looking for some insight as I have never done this before. After looking at several journals, and pictures of peoples plants, I am noticing that mine are quite short and very very bushy. I'm just wondering if they typically will get a lot taller once flowering begins. I know that people say they usually get 2-3 times bigger but im wondering when they get taller. I will be installing my scrog, as soon as they are tall enough to get in there. But at the mo, they seem to be getting bushy and not tell. I personally think they look very good and healthy. Am I wrong? How do I encourage taller growth?

A little info.. The big bushy girl (hopefully) is only like 7-8 inches tall, but getting very fat,,,,im assuming these will fill my screen very quickly

400 w hps
    DWC 15 gallon res
    gh flora

Grasscity.com Forums

2. Bootsean,

Different strains have different characteristics. Indicas and Indica dominant plants will typically stay shorter and bushier in stature, while Sativas tend to be taller/lankier.

Actually, your plants seem to be thriving in their environment, look very healthy. I would guess that they are indica dominant hybrids, and will continue to grow "bushier". This is actually a good thing, as the node spacing is tighter.

With shorter nodal lengths, your plants should have more bud sites. Be patient, and let nature do her thing.........you will be pleasantly surprised when you change to 12/12.

Nice looking grow, bro. Whatever you're doing is working. Good luck.

chunk

3. Those babies do look good! Don't sweat it, they will be just fine....;)

4. Are you growing from clone or from seed? Sometimes a good clone will start off real nice and branchy. That bushy one looks similar to a blueberry plant I have. Bushy is good. I don't like lanky plants. Sativas naturally are, but lanky plants are a pain in the @ss to grow I think. Be glad. The will scrog nicely.