Bush doing the right thing.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Boston, Mar 8, 2008.

1. And that puts you in the minority. Can I ask who you think it's okay to waterboard? Just "terrorists" or should we bring these great methods into our prison systems? And How do you feel about McCain who was against waterboarding until a month ago?

• Like Like x 1
  2. i don't...

i think people need to be more mindful about what they're actually doing...put yourself in another's shoes for once...torture, in every way, shape, and form, is a terrible thing

3. bush is a shitfuck

4. Bush has yet to do "the right thing" since he became president.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I don't care what any of you say, we need to torture as much information as possible.

RACISM is not welcome here! ~AK~

• Like Like x 2
  6. GTFO!

7. You need a fucking history lesson asap. Go back to school or something. Not to be a dick but if you're going to sit there like an ignorant racist asshole saying lets torture anybody, you should just move to China or North Korea (Iran has free space too).

And do some research about torture, it doesn't fucking work. They tell you whatever you want to hear to make the pain stop (go figure).

We didn't even torture Saddam when we had him captured, and he deserves it more than anybody we have in Gitmo I'm sure.

I'd like to waterboard your sorry ass and see if your opinion changes. IMHO if you condone torture, you're just as fucked up as they are.

It's people and thoughts like yours that stop humanity from moving forward. You're in this bullshit "Us vs Them" mindset. We're all human and we all live on that blue marble called Earth, so why not treat your fellow humans (not just Americans) with a little respect.

8. well that explains it

:rolleyes:

and yet another that voted twice for bush (or would have)

• Like Like x 1
  9. I don't agree with most Bush has done, and I didn't vote for him. I don't agree with him lying just to go to war and steal oil. But I do agree with waterboarding.

10. I see you're not going to reply to my argument against you, owned too hard? Torture is torture no matter what you call it, and once you condone it you're just as bad as they are.

11. agreed. Boston, get your head checked

• Like Like x 1
  12. We have been torturing information out of prisoners of war for hundreds of years. Every country does it, it's an act of war. It's necessary, we gotta do what's in the best interest of us not somebody else. Darwin motherfucker, survival of the fittest.

13. http://into-the-blue.com/blog/2008/01/19/yay-swimming-or-my-waterboarding-experience-you-pick-the-title

My lungs were doing ok, but due to the constant ingestion of pool water I’d probably put on about 200 pounds and was slowly sinking. You know sinking, that thing that happens when you cease to float and then get that almost irrepressible urge to drop toward the bottom of the pool.

Picture yourself floundering along, gasping for breath, trying to swim in a straight line, valiantly kicking your girlfriend in the face and other areas of her body in order to ensure that she make less progress than you do, all the while wondering whether or not you’re going to survive the experience.

And I don’t mean the experience of kicking her, I mean the whole near death experience. Drowning is not my forte, but today I made a pretty good attempt at it. Fortunately I failed and survived the experience.

http://www.startribune.com/12261326.html

The lanky 60-year-old said he is haunted by "waterboarding" -- an experience some decry as torture -- that he endured in Navy survival training more than 30 years ago.

When the other POW again refused to comply, McCants was waterboarded again, he said. This time, it was even worse: "They put a T-shirt over my face and began pouring water over it. I was now sucking water through the T-shirt. I was trying to break the straps, and my whole body was arcing. My whole body was trying to break the straps."

He said he was taken off the board after he regained consciousness.

The next day, McCants said, an instructor threatened to subject him to more waterboarding. "I broke into tears. My knees buckled. I knew I couldn't handle it again," he said. "I would have lost my mind."

14. on what grounds?...what kind of moral hierarchy are you basing this off..."only some of the fucked up stuff he did is fucked up..but this fucked up stuff isn't as fucked up"

torture is...TORTURE...doesn't that mean anything to you?.....:confused:...you're a human being, how can you support this

15. Did you even read my last post?

16. Read the post of the Navy people who say waterboarding is torture. And in reply to you, no, we have not been torturing for hundreds of years, and even if we did that doesn't make it right or okay. Torture is not a natural act of war, and we can win wars without torturing people. Ever heard of the Geneva convention?

And if we shoudl do whats in the best interest of US, why don't we stop fucking torturing people and making them hate us (which will lead to another 9/11), and bring our troops home instead. Something makes me think that if our troops were at home, they could respond to a tragedy a lot faster than if they were overseas torturing people.

And if you think we need to torture to survive, again, you need a fucking history lesson.

17. Ever read a book? We have been torturing prisoners of war for as long as we have had war on this earth. People just evolved into fuckin tree hugging pussys. That's what technology does to people.

18. Lol, bud, where did it say (And by 'Sand Moneys' Im assuming you mean middle eastern peoples) that suspect terrorists have to be musslim or east indian? This means if they think your a terrorist they can come take you and torture YOU.

The word terrorist isnt what people think it is. Bush is a terrorist....Look it up

19. yes...and responded to it...did you read the response?

so that makes it okay?...it happened a lot in the past so it must be the only way to go about things even though it seems horrible (but since it happened in the past it's not really as bad)

grow up...