Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

burying weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by manty420, Sep 26, 2010.

1. i heard from an old hippie that if you put your stash in a glass jar and bury in the ground for a month or two that it increases in potency. Is this true? and if so, does anyone know the proper way to do it?

2. I dont know how it would increase potency? Plus youd really want to make sure that jar is sealed or you'll get tons of moisture in it.

3. He's talking about curing bud, which after you dry it, you let it sit in glass mason jars for a few weeks opening the jars for 30 minutes each day to prevent moisture accumalation, usually 3-5 weeks for optimal potency. Back in his day, bud was probably never cured. No point in burying it when you could just leave it closed in your closet!

During curing, I'm pretty sure the last sugars of the plant form together through dehydration synthesis while drying and curing to create more psychoactive components.