Burying the stem to grow roots.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kc kush, May 29, 2016.

1. #1 kc kush, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    So my question is how long does it take to turn the main stem into underground roots. If possible is there any signs that can be seen to indicate it's taking..

It's note worthy to say she was super stretched out. Like 6 inches tall before she even got more then her true leafs. I buried 3 or 4 inches under the soil.

[​IMG]

She Was an abandoned seed I tossed into a pot of old soil while rolling one up.. apparently she took hold with basically no light and unforgiving cold during early spring.

When I found her I was shocked, even took a double take and checked my pulse. So feeling like a 100 bucks I put her somewhere I figured she may have a better chance.

(A week goes by)

Something decided to dig her up and eat the entire root mass except for a dime sized little portion at the very bottem about an 8th an inch tall.

The pot was all tipped over and she had used those lil roots to keep herself alive and turn upward to the sun for 2 days..

Finding her i was filled with Sudden sadness. so I cleaned out my box put her in and have been keeping her safe for the last week, but no real growth to speak of.

A thousand things can happen a day but letting this little fighter die can't be one of them..

Kc kush.

• Like Like x 2
  2. You shoulda like cut the root ball off and dipped the stem in cloning gel! IDK I always use my first top as a clone low-key. So I don't see why that wouldn't work?

Mr.Nice's Indoor LED/CFL Grow

• Like Like x 1
  3. I don't have anything special in my bag of tricks. hadn't gotten the supply list out of the way when I found her. I got water lights and soil and some nuits to give her the will power to live on. I'm still new to the craft and learning something new everyday.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. About ten mins ago looks like the leafs are starting to strengthen but I'm not sure.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. She's still alive. And her middle growth seems to be getting more definition to it.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 kc kush, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I personally root in water it takes some time but eventually it will grow roots

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1