Burnt tip please help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jimmyd, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Well I Seem to be having some sort of problem with Plants, so I thought it would post some pics and see if Anyone can help me. Im new to growing and learning everyday. Thanks in Advance to all of you for helping the noobs.some of The leafs seem to be burning up at the tips. As i said im new so i have no idea what it could be. Im thinking nute burn from the reading ive done but not sure. PLEASE HELP..

Attached Files:

2. looks tome like you might have a 3 way tie. ph, nute burn and heat stress.

definitely ph. the heat stress i see isnt bad. especially if your using cfl's. and the nute burn looks yikes.

what kind of soil? age? have you added nutes yet? what %? running temp? run off ph?

how close are your cfl's? what size(13,23,42,65 watters)? how many? just one plant?

3. My ph is 6.5 everytime. Ive got a digital ph meter. My soil is Pro Mix, the plants are 25 days old i grew from seed and there are 5 of them sex is still to be determined. My last watering was full strength nutes i started at half stegnth. Which i am now realizing was not a good idea. My running temperature is 76-82. It usually stay right on the 78 mark. As for my ph runoff i dont know what that is. care to shed a little light on a noob!!lol my cfls atre 23 watts and there are 15 of them and they are about 3 to 4 inches off the plants. there is TONs of air flow. Hope that helps and again thanks for the help.

4. you should flush with 2-3 gallons spring or reverse osmosis depending on your viewpoint water, then keep with half strength nutes [depending on brand usually, fox farms runs a little hot for me, and doubt your using advanced] btw if it help, advanced nutrients says 76 farenheit and 40% humidity is perfect for flowering plants humidity doesnt really matter too much during veg as long as its not too high

5. this guy said it before me run twice the amount of water through your soil flush that stuff out of there.

then give it 2 days without nutes and add 35% nutes. it is ALWAYS better to run alittle low on nute then way to high.

(run off ph) is the ph ofthe water that runs out the bottom of your pots. it gives you the ph of your soil. you could be running 6.5 water thru it and the soil be 4.5 ph that a extream but you get the point. depending whats in your soil mix it can make your soil run higher ph or lower. which if your run off ph is 5. then you would need to 7.5 through it to equal it out. theres also other things you can add to help control ph like dolimite lime. a little sprinkle in your soil mix will usually keep you around 6-6.5

6. Can I Flush with just regular ph'd water?

7. yeah go for it spring or osmosis is just what me and the rest of the GC community does :b

8. i usually just play with the tap to get pee warm water and flush with that.then run 4 litres of spring water ph 6.5ish through.

i find you waste less of the expensive stuff. ALSO it you want to make the recovery from major over watering shorter? in that 4 litres of spring ph ed water put 4 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide to it. it releases massive amount of oxygen for 24 hours which will make it so your roots dont drown and you no longer have over watering any more lol

9. Thanks guys. So do you mean like spring water from the store and then ph to 6.5. And by flushing do you mean watering till i get runoff with so many litres of water?

10. flushing: means to dump massive amounts of water through the soil to take all the salt and fertilizer build up out.

take you buckets one at a time into the bathroom tub. if you have a spray nozzle like me then its easier. but just turn the tap on warm it up to pee warm and run it into the bucket. dont let the bucket over flow. just keep the water running through till at least double the amount of water to soil goes through. then leave it alone in the tub for 5 mins to drain the rest of the water now take your store bought water 4 litres. ph ed to 6.5 with 4 table spoons of hydrogen peroxide in it and put that into the bucket wait 5 mins for draining to finish and put back in grow chamber. and repeat for all of your plants. if you want to cheap out on the store bought water fill 4 litre jugs with tap water and leave out for at least 12 hours with caps off. it will get rid of the chlorine and you then ph the water and can use that instead. REMEMBER TO ADD THE H2O2!!! (hydrogen peroxide)

also if you want to send some rep my way id be pleased. and if you need any good viable, guaranteed seeds the links in my sig will lead you to the best 2 banks anywhere