Burnt out

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by skfit112, Nov 27, 2016.

1. I have been burnt out and cannot get back into the gym...any pointers to get me going again?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. What does your training regiment usually look like? Try doing workout from home just to get back into the habit of working out.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. DIVERSITY!!!!!!!!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE.......depending on your routine...as asked above......switch it up.....if you lift heavy......do crossfit for a week.....and vice versa...IMO

4. Tell yourself its ok to go down, warm up, do like 15 minutes of light work and come home.
    Thats much easier to force yourself off the couch when your feeling less than 100% than a heavy workout.
    If youve done that and still dont feel it you can come home, no guilt, try again next time.
    but you;ll probably find a pretty high incidence of feeling good after that and carrying on with the workout

5. i was going through the same thing recently. The best thing to do is just start exercising again. Do something moderate everyday for awhile, don't put too much pressure on yourself.. I used to do intense 1+ hour heavy lifts and stopped for a few years and felt like i just couldn't get it going again in the gym. I'd go but not consistently because i'd go in with the intention to workout like i did when i was in good shape and thats just not sustainable. Just go and do something like Wilflet said for awhile and you'll slowly get back in shape. Building the habit of going again should be priority number 1. best of luck man!