Burn?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jblewballz, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Ok so here is the rundown.  Approx w weeks old white widow and bubblelicious and the rest of the specz are below. Yesterday I watered with tap water plus 2 drops of cal-mag and used the same mixture to foliar spray.   I watered and sprayed during lights out and later that night the leaves posture were good, straight out but the lower leaves were drying out and brittle.  I had the mh on 100% turned it down to 50 last night and the temps were much lower at 76F rh 39% but the leaves were now pointing upwards (which I thought is a good sign) but the spotting and dryness got worse.  My tap water is hard, the water quality sheet from my water company says hardness 96 and hardness mg/L 5.6. I just transplanted them from a solo cup sunday night, 4 days ago, but my previous grows have bad the same spotting al throughout their life cycle.  Should I use distilled water, if so do I just add cal-mag plus I add nutes every other, but have not gave any nutes.  I wont nute till maybe next watering only 25% though. Could this of been heat stress cause temps were 84F, or low rh, maybe even burn from foliar spray, ppms were 560.
    Possible calcium lockout due to hard water, my humidifier has calcium chunks on it and its not been used but 2 months

600w mh 6" glass vented with a 6" exhaust pulling through the hood and a 6" 530cfm fan blowing through hood but sucking through 6" carbon filter.
    6" intake fan, I still have great negative pressure
    8" oscillating fan that barely mkves them every 2-3 seconds
    6" fan blowing directly on mh light glass
    Humidifier
    Light is 24" above top of plant
    Temps 78f
    Rh 39 now after I added second humidifier is 65
    Fox farm happy frog 1 scoop and 1/4 scoop of perlite/vermiculite and 1tsp lime

I see no signs of pests,  I try to keep the grow box and room outside as clean as possible

Thanks ahead

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. If this were me I would be very concerned about the hard water... and that would be the first red flag I would be eliminating. Go to Walmart and get some distilled water and flush it out. Keep a close eye on it, but I'm sure you'll see improvement.

3. Also if the cotyledons are dead you should definitely be supplementing their lost nutrients.

4.   If you ask me the water isn't draining out all the way or causing root rot. The brown patches and brownish green lower leaves lead me to believe this.    Do the pots have good sized holes for drainage? If those are the pots that have the built on tray that could not drain good.  If not and you have holes etc. then pumping good clean water will help something going on with the roots tho.

5. They had built in trays, I removed them and use a soldering iron to make about a dozen holes. I am gonna get some distilled. Also I have sledgehammer. When flushing should I use just plain distilled or add sledgehammer or ph it, or cal-mag. Thanks

6. I also dont think they are root bound cause they have only been in the bigger pots since Monday

7. Why not go buy a 5 gallon water refill thing and fill it at the RO station. You will save a lot of money in the longrun doing it this way.

Instead of putting those chemicals on it why don't you try to find a bag of worm castings on craigslist and give them some worm casting soaked in the water before you use it? I think it would be more helpful than adding chemical ammendments. Just my opinion. :)

8. Skyclad. Honestly cause I have no idea where to do that, and since I have only 2 plants then couple gallons of distilled will go along way. I was gonna get a RO unit but then ended up moving

9. Walmart has those bottles. They are $5 .25 a bottle to fill them at thier ro station.

I would try and find some worm castings on craigslist or someone selling worms red worms and e-mail and ask can you purchase some castings. That would be your best choice.

10. Thanks

11. When flushing should I use sledgehammer or add cal-mag or ph it. I use ocean forest in 3 gallon, I made a bix in the storage under the steps in a split entry house so height is a huge factor. Some LST and all is fine

12. I still wonder what it is, this is my 3rd grow and all3 had the same problem. I think its the water, but when I did use distilled it seemed as though they grew really slow. I know the ppms were probably way too low so maybe thats the reason.

13. I am gonna get castings asap and visit walmart

14. I don't know anything about any of that stuff you are talking about. When I first started growing MJ on my own I tried all those nutes and bought a PH pen...Blah Blah Blah I stopped enjoying growing so much i completely quit and turned it over to tom. 

I just started growing again this year and I went back to doing it all organic like I did my veggies and it is a lot less hassle. Add worm castings to your water and let it sit for a while and then water with it.

If you are interested in maybe trying organics there is an organics lounge here. Those guys buy lots of stuff for teas and do a lot more than I do. I garden pretty lazy and easy but I have no complaints about the outcome so its whatever.

Aloha :love:

15. I am the same as you, first grow I used ph pen and all that crap. 2nd just watered and grew pretty good. But this is bad and cant let it go. Thanks. Ill check the forum out

16. looks fine now

new growth is green. as long as it does not progress up the plant, i wouldn't take any action

looks like soil was a bit too hot for seedling

17. #17 skyclad808, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    He was saying it seemed like the leaves were getting worse as time passed and I just knew worm castings would not make it worse. That other stuff sledgehammer and calmag I know nothing about I have never used those :confused_2:

18. just seen your posts ;)

op is in good hands

19. Thanks I like the new avatar :love:

20. thanx

almost Christmas time in a few weeks :smoke:

then again 6-8 weeks from then :D