Burn After Reading Review

Discussion in 'Movies' started by MrGers, Oct 7, 2008.

1. I do not understand how a film with a)great writers, b)an allstar cast and c)money out the wazoo this could have been so bad. maybe I didn't get it. NOTHING HAPPENED. the humor, if there was any, was so dry it made british wit look like zucker/abrahams/zucker schtick. not to mention the dropping of F-bombs. Normally I have no problem with profanity and would encourage film makers not to succumb to censors because sometimes it is appropriate to say "fuck." but for fucks sake this went over board. I'd like to see high ranking government officials casually using these words in the work place, but i doubt it happens. i found every character obnoxious, except for some reason i enjoyed george clooney when he acted like a nut job. if I was 60 year older and my pants were 9 inches higher I would have asked for my money back.

2. lol all John Malkovich said was WHAT THE FUCK?! lol not hard to remember those lines :D

brad pitt CRACKED my shit up.....i was stoned as fuck tho.... and didnt get the plot

3. I think it was somewhat boring until the scene where he's found in the closet and is blown away.

From there on out I was Rofling @ almost every scene. Def. worth seeing if you can wait it out.

4. Coen brothers movies arn't Micheal Bay movies, they are real film makers. I haven't seen the movie yet but they make a different style of movies.

5. Yeah I agree man their movies aren't for everyone

It's a shame you didn't like it, I thought it was awesome. I agree that it was kinda slow but I found it like art rather than a film...I was just appreciating it as it was happening, not waiting for the next big scene...idk if that makes sense. I thought all the profanity was pretty funny :devious:

6. I love the cohen brothers so I am biased. This was not their best movie by far but it was so sarcastic and had such a sarcastic sense of humor that I was not disappointed in the least! I thought it was great.