Bunsters SHIT THE BED

Discussion in 'General' started by CheebaWeeba, Jul 1, 2020.

1. I had this up before, and someone decided to make it their kiddy playground.
    If it's too long or complicated for you to read...here's the childrens version:
    I'm putting this info it here with the honest intention to introduce people to something I love that is a really excellent product and one that chilli/spice lovers absolutely adore...if that's of interest, read on.
    Please do not turn my thread into a stupid shitshow again.

I said I'd do this for them, so here it is:

SHIT THE BED hot sauce - Sound familiar?
    It's one of a range of sauces made by the Australian company "Bunsters", and they're expanding their range and operation.
    As a few of you probably know, I live in Sydney Australia.
    I am...a chilli/spicy food FREAK...
    We have this yearly event here called "The Good food and Wine show", where new and existing products in various stages of development are showed, sampled and sold.
    Cooking equipment, new types of food smokers and knives, spice and curry mixes, celebrity chefs doing signing and demos, cooking classes, and of course, the food and wine itself in display for trial and purchase.

Every year that I went there, I searched for SPICY.
    I constantly ask for the hottest...and have regretted it a few times...temporarily while finding awesome things. So I believe in 2015 I came across a stall by a company called "Bunsters"...they said they had a pretty hot BBQ style sauce...hm...ok.

Instant BOOM. The shit was amazing.
    I am forever disappointed when I try something hot/spicy and it's just "pain flavour", very little taste, just burn the fuck out of you with capsaicin concentrates and the like...sure...they have their place in the ingredients of other foods, but really on their own they're not great, taste wise.
    Not Bunsters though.
    The flavour hits you first, and it is delicious...then the heat comes in waves...probably an 8/10 for a regular "I love spicy food" kind of person...if things like extracts/ghost pepper and above are at a 10.
    I bought the entire range right then and there.
    Hot enough for me to go "whoah..." tasty enough to become instantly my favourite sauce - I haven't found a contender yet to be honest - and I do the rounds.

All Aussie made and sourced ingredients, and they intend to keep it that way.
    They even put their recipes out there, the "shit the bed" (or "black label" now) sauce they make is:
    Orange Juice, Vegetables (Scorpion and Birds Eye chillis), Brown Onion, Garlic, Apple Cider Vinegar, Coconut Sugar, Coriander, Lime Juice, Goji Berries, Ginger, Himalayan Pink Salt , Potato Starch.
    The stuff is amazing.

It's got to be Amazons #1 hot sauce for a time, though that list is forever changing.
    Been featured on "Hot Ones" as well, the youtube show that makes itself off hot sauces.
    So. If you can get it, try some...take my recommendation, they are awesome.
    Their website:
    Bunsters Hot Sauces Gifts – The Home of Shit The Bed
    As you'll see they also sell sauce making kits. Got one of these for my birthday last year.

Also at the moment they're hugely popular, and are going to start developing a new line of products.
    Online they've been HUGE given the relatively short amount of time they've been out...everything they've drummed out is quality and I'll be excited to try more.

From what I understand though, no major supermarkets in Australia or America have started stocking their line as yet...but it's only a matter of time, it's incredible, and a worthy product.

So right now I just became a shareholder - and wanted to tell you guys about it.
    DYOR and all that, but here's their pitch

and the site that lets you get in.
    Birchal
    I'm...yeah, happy to support the company and you get some cool stuff when you do.
    At the moment they have easily surpassed their minimum requirement/s.

No, I don't work for them...but I seriously believe in this product and fucking LOVE it.
    Even if you're only gonna check it out - buy some sauce...well worth it - if you like hot, but want it to actually taste GOOD?
    You'll thank me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. @CheebaWeeba I Never Heard of this Kind but I Do Use Hot Sauce on a lot of my Foods...ill Check it Out since you Say Good Stuff about it. I can Take any Kind of Spicy Foods lol.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wow, they're up past 750k already.

• Winner Winner x 1