Bums, What to give them

Discussion in 'General' started by MrGers, Sep 3, 2008.

1. hahaha, I love that episode.
    honestly though.. I don't give them anything. there are too many of them in Seattle and the better half of them are crackheads.

2. I do what I do. :)

3. Ive bought em mcdonalds n shit, given em a few bucks. Hell, Ive even bought one dude a 4 tallboys of natty light. Aint ever given em any weed before.

4. only bum i've ever given money to was this dude while i was in new orleans over the summer.

my folks were inside this place offa bourbon and i was chillin outside and this bum came up and started talkin to me. somethin was defintely wrong with this guy.. he carried a fake plastic pistol that'd you get in the kids toy section at wally world and he kept pointing it at people up and down the street. he even had a little holder for it that was strapped onto the bottom of his leg that he kept it in. wtf right? he started tellin me how hes an alcoholic and he only wished he could have one thing in life, and that was a sense of humor. it was chill up until he pulled out his mini fake pistol and pointed it at my face and started laughing and asked if he could have my humor and personality which i just laughed off hah..

after a few minutes with this dude, i saw my sister down the street and made up an excuse to go over to her. he asked me for some change and i gave him like 80 cents i had in my pocket and told him to take care.

funny thing is, i ran into this dude a few times while i was in the NO. good thing he didn't recognize me hah

5. Gave one a dollar today.

Good ass mood today and been generous.

Hooked up my homie with a gram of this fuckin dank i got in cuz i know hes out and cant cop till next week.

He jus called me up sayin he took a couple hits and hes blowed.

And seen this homeless dude right before i came home old black guy goin thru the garbage cans at the gas station so i walked up to him and gave him some money and hes like oh man thanks thanks main.

6. I think instead of ignoring the homeless or simply putting our convictions at ease by throwing a cigarette or a dollar bill at them, we should try and help them with rehabilitation and counseling and MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES. Too bad we've blown all our money on bullshit like the war in iraq and the war on drugs...

7. Man I remember so many homeless when I was growing up in San Diego. My dad would always stop and give them a little something, since most of them were vets and my pops was a retired Naval Captain he felt he owed it to them to help any way he could.

I sometimes give them change, and once I gave this one homeless dude the rest of a bluntski I was smoking with my friends on our porch. He actually had a decent head on his shoulders and seemed really smart, he started telling us that his wife left him with his 3 kids and moved to AZ with some guy she met. He basically admitted being depressed and didn't care about shit any longer. I told him to go out to AZ and claim his kids and get a job. I never saw him after that night, but he seemed pretty normal surprisingly and asked for some cans before he walked away haha.

8. Depends on my mood. Sometimes if I have a few quarters or something I give. Only to the bums who ask politely.

9. That's true, actually. I've told more than my fair share of bums to fuck off because they've demanded change from me or people that I have been with.

I'm not unsympathetic, however, and I'm usually pretty caring to the homeless, regardless of their situation, more so in very severe cases. We have this very old Rastafarian looking guy that hangs out in these public restrooms downtown that are basically unlocked 24 hours a day. I'm only speculating, but I've assumed that he's a Paranoid Schizophrenic, judging from the way he rocks back and forth and mutters to himself, with little to no recognition of people around him, and compulsively twitches his eyes every few seconds. I tried starting up a conversation with him after the 2005 Hempfest at Acacia Park, but he just sat and muttered to himself incoherently. (He had a very pronounced hiss whenever he used the letter S... to this day, I can hear him muttering around street corners before I even see him) I felt inclined to do something for the guy, but I wasn't about to slip some change into his pockets (Just because he was unresponsive didn't give me reason to be stupid) so I slipped out of the bathrooms and walked towards the Subway across the street and bought two foot long Italians with no Mayonnaise or Mustard (in case he happened to be allergic, or something along those lines) and a couple of bottles of water. I had them bag the sandwiches and I took them over to the restrooms, slipped them next to the man, along with the water, told them that they were his and went home.

To this day, the guy still hasn't spoken a word to me.

:p

10. usually ciggs or i go and buy them sth to eat(especially if they are children)
    i never ever give money to children. i always take them and let them decide what they want to eat.they usually want icecream or gyros.
    once a little girl came into a bar i was chillin and she was sellin lighters and other stupid stuff so i took her and we went to buy her sth to eat.she was 6 years old(top) and her sister top 7.

makin your child walk around in the city in the middle of the night selling stuff just sucks.and all children here who do that are forced by their parents.and of course the parents take the money...thats why i always tell them to go together and buy them sth to eat./and they NEVER say no.

11. those kids should be taken away from the parents by CPS. Does it work like that over there like it does in the US?

12. Loads of East European beggars here - I never give them f*** all. And don´t turn your back on the thieving bastards or ever park your car near them.

13. Could be legal ramifications keeping some from getting a job...like being caught with a large sack of weed, over & over again, maybe a non violent felony...which could most likely happen to many right here on this site, could be you one day out there on the streets with your hand out. You just never know what somebody has went through in life...so when your able to walk past one...if you give something or not its up to you, but one thing you should do is be thankful that its not you out there in the cold with nothing to eat, maybe we wouldnt take so many things for granite, we are lucky as shit to be able to walk into a Mcdonalds & get something to eat.

I have an older friend that picks up various people off the street & finds something for them to do in the summer, & he hands out blankets & shit in the winter.

Most likey, none of us here have ever realy had a bad day...I'm not talking about not being able to fix your hair right, or not being able to find a matching pair of sox...to me a bad day is loosing an arm or leg, going blind, not being able to hear anymore.

Shit, lets just be fortunate that we are here in one piece, fact is...we almost have it made.

14. #74 blueend, Sep 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2008

it is supposed to work like that,but it doesnt.
    gypsies' kids are the last thing a policeman will care about.plus their parents are always around somewhere watchin if sth like that happens/or if their kids try to keep their money..(they usually ,if not always, are gypsies)

sad but truth..and the saddest is they feel its normal for them to work and want to work.its how they are taught..unfortunately.every kid i asked has told me the same..
    not even one ever said he/she doesnt want to work..and i have bought food to quite many of them..

edit;i once told a boy to sit with me and my friends and id buy him chocolate or sth(it was really late and nothing near was open to buy him food).he drank the chocolate in secs and took the toast with him and when i asked why he said that hes afraid that someone might call the cops and he has 4 brothers and sisters or sth to take care.he was 8!! and all of them have no parents..bullshit.... they are taughed to tell these stuff...

15. My friend and I gave a few bums, 4 double cheeseburgers and 4 mc chickens and then they told us come cool stories. +Rep to bums