Bums, What to give them

Discussion in 'General' started by MrGers, Sep 3, 2008.

1. I don't normally give anything to bums other than whatever change I might have, but one time I went to a McDonald's with my friend and bought a $1 double cheeseburger and gave it to them. They were happy.

2. Last time bum asked me for money to buy food I bought him a sandwich and he yelled at me for it.

Apparently he wasn't hungry.

The time before that I gave this lady, who was picking through trash cans, all the change in my pocket, then proceeded to come about four inches away from getting struck by a car going 30 mph.

In downtown Albany around the bars bums flock looking for change and cigarettes, you'll see the same bum walking up and down the street and they usually ask you like 10 times for something.

Funny thing is they don't even seem homeless, just a bunch of mooching fucks.

Hence my previous response.

Travelers are cool though, that seems like an awesome way to live.

3. how about you ask them for something?

"spare some hep C?"

4. One time I gave some homeless dude a case of some random beer. Can't remember what kind, but yeah... He was happy. All in all a good day.

5. haha.

6. if they apporach me on the street i just talk to them enough to completely confuse the shit outta em then just walk off

7. Im a little more concerned about 6 year old children digging with their bare hands for $2 a day who cant go to school or even sleep with a blanket cause it was stolen in a country less organized then ours...

Yet those children still GO TO WORK....ill feed a homeless man in new york when i see him filling out applications...

8. #28 snake666, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2008
    you cant get a job if you dont have an address buddy, so once your homeless your fucked as far as getting a job, cuz like i said you need a home.

where i live there arent any homeless people, at least not that stand around on the street corner or whatever. but down in pittsburgh i try to help em out if i can, whether its givin them a cigarette, or the one time i gave this dude 10 bucks.. man he was ecstatic that i'd given him 5 dollars, so i gave him another 5.. and you know what? whether he bought food, or he bought booze/drugs i dont really care, because he lives a shitty life, and i gave him somethin to make him happy for a little while, whether it was a good meal, or whether it was a good high

9. They have programs at the local homeless shelters that offer jobs specifically for them. Yes i know they dont all get one because of the demand but i have more respect for the one in line with his ticket trying then the one who quit

how about a sign that says "ill mow your lawn for $10"......id have no problem picking someone up and letting them use my mower to earn a little money. id most likely even give him more for wanting to earn it

10. Like bleezie said, Alot of Detroit is homeless aswell so ive been knowing/dealing with them aswell.

Its been awhile but within a year ago i had a 12 pack of 211 40's and i thank 2 30 packs of beast ice i sat on my porch for the whole neighborhood to drank. Had a few of the local bums out there drankin for free, Had tunes bumpin in the front yard jus havin a good night. You can get some crazy stories out of them.

But i rarley give them money. Only ones i help are the ones who seem aight.

The cracked out twitchy fuckers i feel like Dirty Pete on that.

But theres some ive met who jus got a fucked up life, Made some mistakes and then really got fucked. Nobodys perfect.

One thing i find sad is theres a bum behind a few bussiness not far from me in a wheelchair, Legless.

Dude sits behind the dumpster all day hiding. Ive never even seen him asking for change.

11. Don't have money to spare to the homeless.
    I work for my money.

12. Thats pretty sad man...now im sure he has no family or friends for a reason...could be a major asshole. But being so scared you hide behind the same building and cant even run if someone tried to jump him...id try to give him a little bud and smokes frequently. Help deal with the bullshit

I know no ones gonna hire a homeless man in a wheel chair. Homeless men dont get desk jobs they get manual labor and sad as it is that guy has no chance of gettin off the streets

13. "Everybody knows that if you marry Kenny your gonna eat Pop Tarts for dinner everynight."-Eric Cartman

14. We dont really have homeless who hold signs

just random shady dudes on crack who chill infront of the ihop and shit

15. lmao

"Im only typing this cause the message is too short...there...not too short now is it"

16. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftlYLcEW_I4

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ftlYLcEW_I4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ftlYLcEW_I4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

17. oh wait. i used to drive down this one street in atlanta and i saw this guy holding up a sign asking for money or whatever and think nothing of it. then the next day, i see the same sign. different dude. and to top if off, his kicks were clean.

WTF. can't they do better than that?

and then the day after that.. same sign. different dude. :cool:

18. Ive bought em Food before, but I refuse to give a homeless guy just money straight up in fear that he'll go spend it on like crack or some shit haha

For some reason this thread reminded me of the last like 2 min of a clip i heard a long while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn52Px_h7_8
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cn52Px_h7_8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cn52Px_h7_8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

edit - why the fuck doesnt embedding work on the forums anymore.

19. i have only encountered them in a couple situations.. once after a tapesntapes concert in minneap and i gave him 5 dollars and another time there was two guys walkin the streets at 4 in the morning and i had just bought that dominos 3 pizzas for some low price or something and i gave them one

20. 99% of the time I will turn down a homeless man asking me for change or anything. If it's a woman, I'm willing to give a little more often...

I had the opportunity a while back to meet quite a few homless people in the downtown area of a major city. It was actually pretty chill. It's amazing the types of stories these people have and what they been through...most of them are at least in their 40's. I had spare money and gave a few of them a little something, and bought some 40's and kicked a few back with them.

You'd be surprised how many of them were willing to offer some kind of help, or just sit there and have a heart to heart when I was going through some major bullshit at the time. Got a lot of good advice, and listened to a lot of life lessons that hopefully I'll never have to learn the hard way. I think everyone should try that sometime.