*bump*

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Runningw235, Jun 12, 2009.

1. I believe that the Grass City community would benefit as a whole if any and all posts that say nothing other than "bump" were deleted. All it does is take up more space as well as allow users to bump their threads higher than those that have more actual and useful posts in them. If nothing else, I believe it would be beneficial to at least spread the word that these kinds of posts are looked down upon, but at the same time maybe they're not by anyone besides me :cool:.

Thanks in advance for considering my suggestions.

2. So should i delete this thread because the title aswell as a tag says 'bump'?

3. YES!
    JK,But the bump can be useful, if a question goes unanswered an you really need/want an answer/opinion.

Plus, i doubt the VBB software can do that

4. Cracking down on bumping is a losing prospect. All that will happen is that the mods end up working harder, and earning more emnity from the users.

It's really not that bad here to be honest. Go to any kiddie board where they allow trading of stuff, it's way worse there.

I suppose though if you see some egregious bumping, you could report the posts and I'm sure the mods will look at it carefully.

5. Does anyone think that posts which do not have any valid information do not serve a purpose?

If I wanted to I could bump the you all know what out of this thread and bring it to the top. Maybe it does help if nobody is answering, but a lot of people bump their own threads on the second or third page! Someone else ought to think this is excessive.

Thanks again.