Bullshit propaganda

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Mikeezzzy, Aug 11, 2009.

1. #1 Mikeezzzy, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
    a few minutes ago i was researching ritalin and stumbled upon the drugfree.org/capitalistnazidictatorship's wesite and found a ton of bullshit, i.e

"What are its long term effects?"

marijuana smoke contains some of the same cancer-causing
    compunds as tobacco, sometimes in higher concentrations.
    studies show that someone who smokes 5 joints per week
    may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as
    someone who smokes a full pack of cigarettes every day."

this bullshit completely astounds me.

2. bump this shit homie

3. Yeah, that's the exact same stuff they say in the dare program too.

Like "1 joint contains the same ammount of cancer-causing toxins as 10 ciggerettes. But we don't have any proof. Just trust us ;)"

I wish I could live through that again, but with what I know now :)

4. Actually what they're talking about is true to an extent

Marijuana has been shown to have about 4-6 times as many carcinogens as an equal amount of tobacco, and carcinogens are substances that are known to cause cancer (in this case it would be mainly lung cancer)

But the interesting thing that even though this is a favorite statistic among prohiobitionists, there has never been a single case of lung cancer from marijuana alone! Because the extra factor is that marijuana also is a bronchodilator and an expectorant, that means that it opens up your lungs (sort of like a cough drop does) so the tar and other combustion byproducts don't get trapped in your lungs

Tobacco does exactly the opposite, and causes your lungs to constrict and close up, trapping all the tar in your lungs, resulting in a very clear and defined link between tobacco and lung cancer, but none between marijuana and lung cancer

So they can say all they want about what is in the smoke, but they sure as hell don't have any right to say marijuana causes cancer, in facts in several studies it's shown to do the exact opposite and treat cancer!

Study Finds No Cancer-Marijuana Connection - washingtonpost.com

Marijuana Chemical May Fight Brain Cancer

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows

Hope this helped clarify things! :wave:

5. i know exactly what your talking about, ha i was reading what you and that 14 year old were talking about, it was quite interesting, i was just pointing out the crap the government puts out there.
    funny thing, i also smoke cigarettes :D im quiting before my freshmen year at university

6. Totally agree. Today I was watching one of the over the top drugfreeworld.org ads on t.v. you know the ones that say if you take one toke of a joint your gunna be jumpin cars, stealing to suport your habit and isolating yourself from family? Its all bullshit check this site out its hillarious on how it makes marijuana seem like black tar herion or somthing lol
    Foundation for a Drug-Free World: An Effective Drug Prevention Campaign on Marijuana, Ecstasy, Crystal Meth, Ritalin, and other Street Drugs

7. if they would change the drug from cannabis to meth and crack, it might actually make an entertaining commercial.

8. "This will not get thee into a good school!" - The propagandized Shakespeare

9. That was the funniest 20 minutes of my life.

10. I love how whenever you see any kind of anti-cannabis add/anything, all they talk about is joints, as if the only thing people use to smoke weed out of is joints. Idiots, lol.

11. Yeah i know
    And most of the commercials mix a lot of the drugs. Wtf, like people are stupid enough to do crack after taking e or smoking a bowl

12. That stuff isn't total bullshit. It's simply bent and twisted to the extreme. They tell you that weed contains tar that could cause cancer, that's not a lie. What they don't tell you is that THC prevents the cells from becoming cancerous. There has never been a single report of cancer from cannabis use, but they still put that shit up there, that's the real bullshit

13. my favorite is drugfreeworld.org.

long term effects from cannabis use:

Psychotic symptoms
    Growth disorders
    Lung damage
    Reduced ability to learn and retain information
    Heart damage
    Reduction of male sex hormones
    Reduced ability to fight lung infections and illness

I love it, it's so hilarious. Some of it seems like they created it from thin air entirely.

14. So what are YOU going to do about it?

15. Not to bump an old thread but I thought the guy in the beginning talking about how weed was "more stronger" was hilarious.

16. #16 morefreedom, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2010
    If theese studies about a joint containing the same amount of cancer causing stuff as a pack of ciggarettes is true then the DEA is rolling football field sized joints.

Also from a drugfreeworld.org-

“The teacher in the school I went to would smoke three or four joints a day. He got lots of students to start smoking joints, me included. His dealer then pushed me to start using heroin, which I did without resisting. By that time, it was as if my conscience was already dead.”
    - Veronique, 19

Weed and heroin are now related somehow :laughing::laughing: