bullsh.t MIP

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by u47, Aug 13, 2007.

1. I was with three other friends last night, myself and two others were drinking. The third had a very small amount of alcohol. We'll call her friend A. She calls someone up so we can go pick up a sack. We get there no problem, hang out for awhile, then leave. On the way back friend A is getting a call on her cell phone and swerves a little bit and a cop pulls us over. Apparantly the car "smells like a brewery" and "stale beer" even though the only thing we had drinken was vodka, which I am doubtful it smelled like in the car. Friend A admits to have been drinking a little bit and they proceed to breathalyze her and sobriety check/breathalyze every one else in the vehicle too. The first cop was really cool and we probably would have gotten away fine if this second dickhead cop hadn't come and insisted we all get MIPs. This is the first offense I've had like this (I'm 19), so I should be able to clear it after going to diversion/other crap. It just makes me mad that we were being totally safe and not irresponsible at all yet three of us get MIPs. The good news is we convinced one of our friends to smoke that night, and he liked it alot. Now I'm going to have to pay for the damn ticket and do probably a load of community service. Good thing I just found out I got a job! Does anybody have any advice that may help me out in this situation? Thanks ggguys.d

2. ur mate shouldnt of been drink driving cos its dangerous and i know peeps who been killed by drunk drivers. but still that cop was a prick for giving you a MIP or sumink :confused: (sorry im from da UK;)) cos u didnt do shit fucking boydem they pick on da wrong peeps

3. You were well within your rights to refuse a breathalyzer. You wern't driving

4. unfortunately i learned that after the fact

5. as an adult (over 21 i think), even the driver can refuse a breath test, they cops can just then take you down for a blood test. (government class rocked)

6. Advice? I'd say don't drink and drive, and keep your liquor closed and in the trunk until you get to a location you plan on staying at long enough to completely sober up.

I guess in this situation, it's 'don't do the crime if you can't pay the fine'. ;)

7. We had absolutely no alcohol in the vehicle. The MIP was for having alcohol in my body. I don't promote drinking and driving. The person driving wasn't intoxicated at all.

8. Ah, okay. I thought you had the liquor in the car. But didn't you say that the driver admitted to having a little to drink?

9. Yeah, and if/when you fail the test at the station, you are SUPREMELY fucked. You should blow in the breathalizer 99.999999% of the time, unless you like getting fucked twice as hard...

10. Now I can't say I don't drink and drive, because I do all the time, but I haven't crashed my car, ...yet.

Anyways, I have a question. In Michigan diversion is only for 16 year olds and under.

-AFD

11. I had a friend who got diversion at 21 or 22 here. I think, at least here in Oregon, they just limit it to first time offenders, regardless of age.

12. Not in rhode island, Refuse it, the laws work to your side that way.