BULLRIDER, HOGS BREATH, DWC 150 hps + 120w cfl

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by work2fish, Aug 24, 2009.

1. #1 work2fish, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2009
    Alright here it is, I bought a 150w hps light because I couldnt find the light fixtures I wanted for the cfl and had to order them online.

Grow area: 42" x 26" 66"

Two clones in there now

1st: hogsbreath

2nd: bullrider

3rd: closet, I bought mylar and am doing the whole closet tomorrow

This is now my journal, sorry for the crappy pics my cams broke so I am using my video camera.

DAY 1:

fox farms big bloom 2 tsp per 3.75 gallons fox farms grow big 1 tsp per 3.75 gallons
    forgot my ppm's

and, here, we, go.....

**this post was posted saturday August 22nd, had to repost to move forums**

Attached Files:

2. I woke up today and the ph was off the charts like 7.2 and my hogs looked a lil beat and worn, I immediately dumped her in my backup res and used some Mad Farmers "get down" and leveled it out to a perfect 5.8 I switched it back and did the same for the bullrider. I hand fed them from the res and almost immediately my hogsbreath stood up and has been purking up since. I am contemplating putting the cfl's in it couldnt hurt. I am definitely gonna have a lot more light during flower just dont know how much or what. I can already say I am a sucker for this HPS tho.

If you are a southern californian 215 patient and want a highly knowledgable clone nursery I have an extremely good place that is compassionate with unbelievable strains. Patients only please, PM me for details.

Also if you have any hydroponic needs in southern california i have to reccomend Family Hydroponics I am not kidding those two places have made this a breeze and such a blast with such compassion (especially my wallet) and proffesionalism. Especially the guys in my local family hydro store.

3. My PH keeps shooting up every morning. I am frustrated and dont know what to do!!!

4. To the zero people following, I went back to my clone nursery and told them my problem with my PH and how my hogs breath is not doing to well (now this is what I mean if you live in so cal and are a 215 patient and want a good clone hook) and he replaced it for free with any strain I wanted. I chose rainbow kush. I placed that dwc bucket outside and am running a outdoor setup now which I have been curious to do for a while. And just put the kush in the back up res and am just gonna have to build another one so I can have an extra one again.

The hogs breath clone is close to dying and will be dead tomorrow most likely. But I took a couple cuts from other plants I have in my big veg room and will transplant one outside if the hogs does decide to die.

Plant looks nice, I am excited. Bull rider and rainbow kush? now thats a crazy combo. :smoke:

5. The babies look awesome, my bull rider has been in for 3 days no and no roots, is this normal?

6. come on guys wheres the love at!!! bunch of stoners!! :) Here are updated pics of how I have the room now, the table and cfl light is for my clones. Reflector isnt on the res on the left because I want that one to get a lot of light to its stalk

Attached Files:

7. Can anyone give me any ideas of when I can expect to see my root growth into my bucket? I place the BR clone in on saturday?

8. BUMP! sorry guys I hate to be annoying but I am impatient! :)

9. Free gram of my harvest for first to answer! ahahahha......

10. Ill stay tuned :] curious how this grow will go

11. Hey all so I have been extremely busy in another grow that I have had no time to update this one.

I am just going to copy what I have written down in my grow journal. Did this for an online version so might as well keep it up to date.

9-2 plant is looking unhealthy root rot is confirmed. early stages. will have to come up with plan to either replace this plant or find a way to fix it.

9-3 raised light (think it is causing light bleaching) water change, new ph'd and nute water. Added in ice bottles to lower and maintain low res temps. manicured all root rot and sanitized bucket.

9-7 plant looks extremely healthy. new root growth and new healthy green nodes. I added 2 new strains to the room today...

Blue Dream (sativa dominant) in f. farms o. forest soil
    Critical Mass (indica dominant) f. farms o. forest soil

9-8 BD is out of shock and leaning towards the light, CM is slowly waking up from shock, RK growing looking good, good root growth, RK res PH 6.3 added 3 drops GET DOWN final ph = 5.9

PICS L to R:

Rainkbow kush in dwc, blue dream reaching for the light (such a sativa looking plant), critical mass bein a lazy ass *WAKE UP!!!*, then a scenic shot!

Attached Files:

12. looking nice!
    I'll be following your grow!

13. I'm in best of luck.