Bulb blew... how screwed am I?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SmizZ, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Sometime this morning my 600w HPS decided to take a shit on me.

The only thing I could do was put my shop light that I use for seedlings with a day and cool 2ft bulbs in it...

I know this won't sustain the plants, as they're over a month old now, but will it keep them happy until tomorrow when I can go pick up another 600w bulb? I just want them to realize they are still in daylight and not mess up their light schedule.

I won't be able to replace the bulb till tomorrow around noon.

They are still on 18/6.

2. They will be okay........consider the drop in light intensity to be an overcast day outdoors.....good luck.

3. as long as they are getting some light, what kinda bulbs the shop light have? It most likly will just slow growth for a sec. You should be good as long as u get another bulb asap.

4. They are the 2ft tubes.

It's 1 day spectrum tubed flourescent and one cool spectrum.

I have it hanging like 6" above the tops because the room isn't big enough to fit them all under the 2ft length of it...

I'm so pissed right now :(

They're just over a month old... 1fem Skunk #1 , 6 White Russian, 6 Violator Kush.

-1 WR (confirmed male) and -2 VKs (confirmed male)

Already have 4 confirmed females....

I hope this doesn't stress them too much :(

5. Also, today was supposed to be the first day of watering with full strength nutes.

Should I wait until tomorrow now when they are back under the HPS to do the watering?

6. ohh dude they should be fine, shouldnt be enought stress to turn'em if thats what ur worried about.

7. stupid question

8. same. your plants should be fine. just make sure you get the lights you do have positioned well for the time being.