Built my first grow box. Tell me what you think Im New at this

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by mutrat, Nov 6, 2013.

1. So I just started growing for the first time and decided I needed a grow box. So this is what I came up with. I built a 3'x3'x4' high box. Painted the inside with high gloss white paint. I got 2- 60 cmf computer fans one for intake One for exhaust that run 24/7. And for lighting I got ahold of a 135w 7 band LED UFO. I going to filter in to a carbon filter once i get the flanges to attach some ducting. Just wondering what you guys think and if you have any suggestions. Any help is appreciated thanks :)

Sent from my C771 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Pictures are worth a thousand words, just saying...

Also, use both fans for exhaust near the top of the box and cut some passive intake holes near the bottom.
    This will create a vacuum effect, that moves a lot more air, as long as the rest of your box is fairly airtight. 

3. Should have been painted matte (flat) white.
    You will have better luck sucking thru the carbon filter then blowing into it.
    I would use an inline blower in place of the PC fans, much more reliable and moves way more air.

Good luck!

4. 3x3 is a good space but generally you'd want to go higher than 4'.   With pots and lighting you're only leaving appox 2.5' of room for growth.

I don't think that's going to be enough light for your space.  Might want to supplement with some CFL's.