Building My Grow Room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by krackkilz, Nov 23, 2008.

1. I bought a 1000w HPS grow light and now im constructing my room. Is a 10'x10' room ideal for this lighting? My veg room will be right next to it, in a 6'x10' room. And what is the best carbon filter to get for this size room?

2. well depends on how you are planning to grow.
    soil or hydro... and if hydro then how (Bubble bucket, trays).
    some more info would be great.

3. Growing with soil. In 10'' pots

4. #4 ocitown, Nov 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2008
    I grow using the same and have found a max foot print of 6'x6' will grow great,filling the 10x10 will be very difficult to maintain in soil and one 1K wont get the outside two feet very well.

How many plants and what height are you planning to end up with?

5. I use a can 50 CF because they didnt have a bigger one but if i filled a 10x10 i would go can 100 with the same 8" 757CFM vortex fan or maybe a 10" one.

6. 6'x6' - 7'x7' would make it a little easier... My celling is 8'. Just starting off but I'd like to yield 1lb- 2lbs every flowering cycle.

7. I was going to get the can 50 with 8'' ducting

8. I would say figure a 6x6 footprint,if you are a new grower .5 grams per watt is about what you should plan on and if you do real well you may get .6-.8 but a full gram per watt is highly unlikely on your first grow. 2 lbs=896grams with a 1000watt HPS=.9 per watt. Not undoable but dont plan for it.

Get at least 700CFM and a speed controller for the 1st half of the grow and open it up for the rest.;)

9. Thanks for the info. Yes it's my first time. Just started with a couple seeds i got out of a bag of dank, going good so far. Had to throw out one male so far. Waiting for my seeds to get here from the Nirvana shop.

10. All my strains are Nirvana.:D

What did you order?

11. Just some Big Bud. My first time ordering, so i didn't want to spend to much. How long you usually wait for a order from them? From what I've read up on them they seem pretty legit.

12. Where are you?

Did you go through nirvana themselves?

What did they cost,did you just get 10 seeds?

13. #13 krackkilz, Nov 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2008
    Yes i went through them online. I'm in the midwest. Just ordered ten of them, 35 bucks

14. My orders came from UK and were about 10 days tome in cali.

DR Chronic charged me about 25-30 and i got 3 pacs and a fourth for free.;)

15. 1000 watts +ur veg room + fans and all that= a ton of kwh used i hope u know what ur doin cus sounds like ur bill is gonna skyrocket.

16. Yep,some say $50-$150 but i find $300-$400 is more accurate.:eek:

This week if they get through customs:eek:

I dont know about other seed banks,sorry man.

17. You order $300 worth at a time? Do you pay online? Or money order?

18. No,i order 3 pacs of 10 and get one for free,with shipping its just under $100.

I get a pre-paid credit card and use that.;)

19. Im going to have to check out that site. How many fems can you expect in a pack?