building inside a building

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by slicks, Mar 11, 2008.

1. an indoor outdoor set up so to speak. i have this decent sized shed that i started to build a grow room in the corner of it. what i was wondering is would i need a portable ac in the summer time . the cieling will be the bottom of my loft which is held up with 2x6's so the insulation up top will be 6" thick all other sides will be 3" thick. so do u think it would get to hot in there in the heat of the day or would it be fine with circulated air. and also considering everything that has to be ran for wiring do u think that 2-20 amp breakers are enough

2. not sure about the electrical question but i have done the same sort of setup and during the summer time with the humidity the temperatures inside my building were much higher than the temperature outside. so i bought an air conditioner with a thermostat. that was the only way i have found to keep the temp down. along with the air conditioner i also put in exhaust fans to help remove the hot air. good luck

3. Putting a circulating fan in a hot room will only circulate hot used air. You need intake and outtake for any decent sized grow operation.

4. Building a room inside a room or shed works really well, where i live is Hot all year. I built a room in a room so i could control the temps easier and dont destroy the room with hooks etc...

I have air directly into the room from the outside, aircon with thermostast, and waste air going into the roof/Outside.

No noise outside.

It also allows you to get maximum light reflection, no light leaks etc... I just think it makes stealth and control so much eaiser.

I dont have any temp problems anymore and i have a few lights.

I measured up, then went down to the local timber yard and bought strong cheap timber.