Building computers rant

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by mushroomsatsuji, May 19, 2010.

1. The mentor was in lod? I read a lot of txts from him

2. i just think its crazy that my uncle did this shit at like 13-14 years of age.

3. If you think about it, they were the Anonymous of their day...

4. Aaaah, those were the days. I did assembly on the Z80 back in my ZX Spectrum 48k days. I had a real hardcore system, with a Microdrive and one of those piggy-back cartridges where you could freeze the system and peek and poke to ones hearts delight. Essential when doing assembly debugging, and cheating in games naturally :D Great stuff.

Yeah, I know, getting old :p

5. Except they make Anonymous look like script kiddies. Everything was so low level back then and there was really not a huge body of knowledge to build upon. Most of the newbs who call themselves 'Anonymous' aren't even much better than script kiddies.

You and me both brother. You and me both. Those were fun days to be working with the very first home computers.

6. Most of anon are script kiddies. I have a few friends who have been on /b/ for years, some who were truely involved with the planning and attacks on scientology. They do have some of the best crackers but media attention pretty much killed them. Anyway, got my computer running. First post on it:hello:

Still got some work to do, mostly drivers and such. I didnt purchase a video card yet and the driver for my motherboard isnt working for me. What makes getting a video card hard is that its AGP and best buy only carries one of those. My monitor also has a driver I need but it says I need a video card for it. I guess the onboard video isnt enough. No biggie though. It just lags when scrolling.

7. Great! Glad you hear you're up and running.

True crackers are a rare breed even today. Back in the day we...um I mean they, really had our work cut out for us because it was all so new and there were no packaged scripts, etc.

8. They do have that hacker/cracker expo somewhere. Though good crackers are rare. Ive always wondered how many have hacked the CIA and what they found out.

9. I would tell you but I'd have to kill you.

10. Worth it.

*sigh* I just realized I dont remember how to hook up my surround sound system. I know I did before...

11. Google the model and you'll find instructions I'm sure.

12. been there done that. Hell I cant even get the drivers for the video to work.

As far as the sound system, the hookups dont match.Its a 5.1 system and Im guessing my sound card doesnt support it...

I got the system a while back and its a discontinued model so limited information

13. ß▲
    ▲ ▲

I was bored...

14. It's a good thing you fixed it. I happen to know the greatest expert in the WORLD with regards to troubleshooting and fixing PC's, but he's fucking expensive. Here's a rare photo that he allowed of his work:

[​IMG]

15. Hmmm he looks like one of those guys who does their own thing and only comes around when you have money...

16. Yeah he's all mercenary. If you don't have the cash he won't help. Or the tuna. He likes tuna.

17. 0.o

*covers the fishtank*

I hate how you fix one problem and 3 more expensive ones pop up...

18. Non solid state hard drives die all the time. Besides the PS, it is the thing most Likely to go.

19. You don't lose several drives simultaneously without an outside cause.