Building an LED light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by the smoke rises, Jul 18, 2012.

1. So right now i cant currently grow as i cant really trust some of the other people in the house to keep their mouths shut about it but i was looking up leds and found this one that was like a kit you could byu off ebay to build your own led it came with everything except like soldering stuff but i was wondering if building your own led would be a god alternative to getting a hps/mh since i dont want to worry about the heat in the room (it will be a closet grow when i am able to grow again) and to buying an led which is really expensive i looked on the internet for the one i saw before btu to no avail but their are other ones out their when i find one i think is good ill post its link here

2. this is an LED:
    [​IMG]
    ...I doubt you can build your own...takes a shit load of high tech gear, labs....pretty tough to do...

constructing your own LED grow light fixture is another thing...but you can buy CFL lights a hell of a lot cheaper the those DIY scam kits...

3. Let me be the first to say: Sorry to hear that you are around untrustworthy people.
    ...let me also point out that even with LEDs you are still going to have the same problem.
    Do you have an attic or somewhere you can set up a simple grow space without these people observing you? ...or better idea: can you set up a grow space at another residence?

4. its not that they would go to the popo but people who dont know about bud verywell feel important when they know about that shit and word get around so i dont take chances and my attic is probably 150 degrees right now im in arizona im planning on moving out to my own place where i can grow and do you mean normal ceiling fan cfl's work ??

5. [​IMG]

Those kits are a scam ( any leds that look like this will not work ) because these have a very weak output :mad: and are measured in MCD not Lumen

If you calculate mcd to lumen you will find you need alot of mcd to equal 1 lumen :eek:

reference:
    mcd (millicandela) to Lumens Converter

If you want to build a bright led setup, build your light out of these leds :)

[​IMG]

But these need heatsinks and regualators which can be expensive,
    even these leds only produce 200lm per led so you need a few. These leds are used in the expensive led lights you can buy.

Hope this information was helpful :smoke:

6. There is a post here maybe a 3-4 pages back by Daman, on how to build an very good LED, but you are in a very WEAK position, get out of this situation, and get with people you can trust..
    What are you gonna do about the potential smell and oders of growing grass,
    can you conceal that? ...remove that?
    even for an average closet grow ...YOU need to plan AHEAD.

peace
    "V"