Building a PC [HELP]

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by rileyman6678, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Ok, so I am building a pc:
    [​IMG]
    here is my list of components, I am not sure if they are all compatible with each other, could someone please look over the list and tell me?
    Also if they are not compatible, could you give me a link to one within the same price that is compatible?
    Thank you.

2. #2 Rockman, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2009
    It'd be a bit easier with links to the products but i'm searching now haha.

EDIT: Motherboard is not compatible with the i7 processor.

Everything else looks good though.

3. Not a combo I'd build myself, but what I've gone over so far looks somewhat acceptable for a budget build.

I would recommend getting a different PSU, different DVD Drive, different ram, and definitely do not get an ECS motherboard. Also going with that type of video card you would probably want to find a comparable HIS brand as they are well built and you can save a bit of cash on it.

4. Just curious, but what kind of hard drive are you going to use? Do you have a spare one sitting around or something, cause it isnt on your list. Otherwise the list looks pretty sweet

5. #5 medkip, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2009
    That P45 chipset board is not compatable with the i7 920 CPU you have chosen. You have a P45/775 board while you need a X58/1366 for the i7. Here is my suggestion: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157155

Also i7 runs in triple channel and you have dual channel memory selected. You need 3 memory sticks for optimal performance.

Your PSU is the heart of the computer and you should be running with a quality unit so all your components get stable power. Go with Corsair, PC Power & Cooling, Antec, Cooler Master, and OCZ units for your build.

6. thats over 800 dollars.... my computer cost a little over 500..I bought everything except the case and motherboard from ebay