Building a new comp, need some help and advice

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Thai, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Whats goin on, im not to good on the dynamics of computers but I decided to finally build my own, especially for what im doing. First of all this computers going to be for mostly music production and some gaming on the side. First I know I need alot of RAM because I sometimes have over 50 VSTs running at once and my computer now lags up sometimes because its to much to handle.

Heres some parts I have so far, please let me know if I should switch something or upgrade it

Newegg.com - ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard - Motherboard

Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K - Processor

Newegg.com - XFX Double D HD-695X-CDFC Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity - Video Card

Newegg.com - HGST Deskstar 7K3000 HDS723020BLA642 (0f12115) 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - Hard Drive

any suggestions on a case, sound card, usbs, power supply, and fans?

All opinions and comments are greatly appreciated I really gotta build this ASAP because my comps shitting out on me and I gotta get this cd done by the end of the month:smoke:

2. You said you know you need alot of ram but you didnt say what ram you are getting...

Asus Mobo's are my favorite, nice choice, the 2500k is a beast, can get 5GHz if you have a good enough cooler, but thats not a good idea to run daily IMO.

Id say Fuck that HDD, get a Western Digital Enterprise grade, less chance of it failing and fucking up all your shit. Those HDD have a really high failure and DOA rate...

Cases, i say go for Cooler Master, or NZXT. They are my favorite brands for case's.

ID say do a 1000 watt PSU, but 850 should cut it.