Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Building a Hot Box

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 1620, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Just thought about this keep a look out for old deep freezers you could fit a few people in one of those and it will get real smokey

2. How about a treehouse

Or a shed

3. [quote name='"Omega369"']How about a treehouse

Or a shed[/quote]

Tree house for sure!!!!

4. [​IMG]

5. tree house sounds cool, although i dont have a tree to put one in

6. I want to be able to help you but what you're trying to have us help you describe would take a little bit of expertise in woodworking or at least construction for the most part. If you want to build a solid structure for you and your friends to smoke in, you'd have to build four wooden frames to screw the plywood walls into. Then you'd have to caulk any areas where air can escape, probably add in a small privacy window with frosted glass on it and then add in hinges so you can make a makeshift plywood door.

What you're asking is doable but not without a little bit of hard work. I'd also probably put some sort of insulation or padding on the inside of it to help with sound and smell. If you look up some youtube videos on how to build sound structures/walls/etc then you should get the general idea of what you'd need to be doing to make this kind of thing safe for you and your buddies.

7. Not that hard. 2x4's and ply wood and calk (to make it air tight)

8. #48 1620, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
    hmm so im just visualizing this...

what about two 2x4s screwed together at right angels, about 7-8 ft high, connected hotdog style btw. Four of those at each corner of the construction.

Then a piece of ply wood screwed over each of the four walls plus a roof.

here's where things get a little complicated. would it be worth it to build a door and try to seal it OR should it just be open bottomed where you climb underneath to get in and out. if its open bottomed, perhaps there could be some sort of insulation (fiberglass maybe) that would be sealed under the weight of the box itself when "closed."

and then other than that, all the cracks would be calked.

that could work as a basic build i suppose.

*edit
    I just reread your post crazy and saw the part about the frame of two by fours, so i guess replace the first part of this post

9. I just dont understand why this is such a big deal? I get the idea, but all it will be is a mini garden shed inside your house, and like previously stated once you exit so will the smell. Just smoke in a car, or go outside and stick a fish bowl on your head.

10. dude...houses come pre-built with hotboxes in them. Use a closet or bathroom dude!

11. dude get a dog house put a door on it

12. #52 Spezza19, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
    lets just hot box a warehouse.

or the very least... THe back of a UHAUL panel truck

13. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    Youre stupid

14. it's called irony dude.

i was sarcastically pretending not to understand his post because I was baffled at this forums inability to understand a question and provide useful posts

15. Maybe its not the inability to answer you're question, maybe it's the fact that you asked a dumb question and expect people to help you with something you have better luck finding on google. You're asking how to build a box. And it will smell up your house because you have to open it to get out. Not trying to be a dick but you're judging a whole forum on not giving an acceptable answer to your dumb question.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. you could buy a sauna from home depot and put it in an unused bedroom, or your basement or something

17. Jeez, second time I've seen you being rude on the forums. He actually asked a legitimate question. I think the problem was he was a little too stoned at the time and his words seemed to be all over the place. It's definitely a cool idea, although I am way too lazy to do anything like this. You are coming on here and getting mad at a person who was being ridiculed, how the FUCK does that make sense. He just wanted an answer to his question, but people like you are making it hard for him to get one.

On a side note, OP you might want to put some small holes on the side of the box. The first reason is because you want to be able to breathe, the second is so that only a small amount of smoke escapes at a time, so you could control how the smell escapes better. That or just make a BUNCH of big holes and cover them with carbon paper. Carbon paper is your solution to smell proofing btw, they use it in stealth grow boxes to eliminate the smell of the plants

18. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Yeah man you are right I am the rude one. I'm the one calling people stupid for giving answers right? No thats OP. I'm the one saying that this forum is uncapable of answering a "simple" question. I know I was being a little rude but I think it's perfectly understandable because OP is judging a WHOLE FORUM on one post. Whatever man not trying to argue with someone over the internet because I could honestly care less, just got me a little mad that OP is saying everyone on this forum has the inability to answer a question and when people suggest maybe use a car or a small room he calls them stupid or blows off their answers. You're totally right DreamSeer :)

Lol, he was half kidding, he wasn't honestly thinking that everyone on here was stupid or else he wouldn't have responded to this thread constantly. To be fair he wasn't getting like any REAL answers for a while. 

But yeah I do agree, there were some people on here genuinely confused by how OP was talking, and blowing up at people over miscommunication is not cool.

20. I understand where youre coming from but I still feel that OP was being a little rude because he wasnt getting the answers he wanted. Lets just agree to disagree bro no hard feelings :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app