building a comp for decent gaming

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by greenwatcher, Dec 5, 2010.

1. hey blades i want to build a comp for decent gaming mainly i will play diablo3
    i had an alright comp for diablo2 but i dont think it will cut it for D3
    so what are the minimum things i need for building such a comp??
    not like a super gaming rig but good enough to play D3 without complications

ty

2. How much do you want to spend?

3. well thats the thing i just want to build a diablo3 ready comp thats all. like maybe a little over the minimum requirments.

4. I can't find the system requirements because the official ones don't seem to be out yet. It is a blizzard title so it shouldn't be high at all, you could build a pretty cheap PC that would play it maxed. I was just wondering what you were expecting to pay so I can show you what you can do.

NCIX.com - Buy Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 850MHZ 1Gb 4.8GHZ GDDR5 PCI-E 2XDVI HDMI Display Port Lite Video Card V2 - 11163-02-20R In Canada.

NCIX.com - Buy Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H 890GX AM3 ATX DDR3 2PCI-E 2PCI SATA3 USB3.0 HDMI GBLAN CrossFireX Motherboard - GA-890GPA-UD3H In Canada.

NCIX.com - Buy AMD Phenom II X4 925 Quad Core Processor AM3 2.8GHZ 6MB L3 Cache 95W Retail Box - HDX925WFGIBOX In Canada.

NCIX.com - Buy G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Ripjaws PC3-12800 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Core i5 1.5V Memory Kit - F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL In Canada.

NCIX.com - Buy OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W ATX 20/24PIN SLI Ready Modular Cables 135mm Fan Active PFC Power Supply - OCZ600MXSP In Canada.

That's a start that would future proof you for a while as well. Should easily max out diablo III and is about 550-600 excluding the case, hard drive, cd drive, mouse/keyboard, software, and monitor.

That's why I asked you how much you want to spend. Do you need a new keyboard/mouse, monitor, operating system, or cd drives? That PC would max just about every game you throw at it so if its too expensive it can be toned down with little loss for your intent.

5. wow man i could acctually do this if i save money.
    so will i still have lag if i have dsl connection?
    my bro also uses the internet and i think he doing something to limit my bandwith or something.and i dont know how to change it his comp is the master computer.

6. You could cut 100-250 dollars of the products I showed you and still run the game smoothly, they would just allow you run the majority of games for the next 3-4 years (I don't know how graphic games will come as on PS4/New xbox).

You could go with a fast dual core, a 5670, 2-4gb of ram, and having crossfire support would allow you to buy another 5670(or whatever other card you buy if its ati; nvidia uses sli) later on and really boost your performance in everything.

Just let me know how you want to narrow it down and I'll add some cases/everything else as examples and you can look over the website to pick the case/mouse/keyboard/anything else you need(if you have a specific look your going for)

7. im thinking nothing too flashy just basics cuz i want to spend as little money as possible.
    (gonna start my first outdoor grow this coming april:D)
    i just want to play D3 cuz i remember D2 was one of my favorite games.