Building a cloning chamber, need some help.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Torontophoto, Apr 7, 2010.

1. After reading a few of the posts I am still a little unsure as to what exactly I need to do to build what I need.

What I want to do is build a cloning chamber that is capable of holding up to 400 clones at a time.

What the plan is so far is to build a box with puck board and lid with plexiglass. On top there would be 4 or 6 plant and aquarium flourescent bulbs.

From reading up a bit I know that the heat and humidity levels should be at 24 deg. C. and 90%. What I would like to know is if there is a controller that I could hook up to the box to control these automaticaly.

Also, there are differing opinions on how long the lights should be on for. Currently the attempts made so far are on 24hrs a day, with mixed results.

Something this size is probably not going to be opened for a week or so after cloning, so I was thinking of putting in a watering system to keep the soil moist but not wet. Should I be putting in something to drain excess water from the bottom?

Any thoughts would be great,

Thanks.

2. i would set up a grow room first. you need mothers for those 400 clones. look at stickys for the bubble cloners.

3. I have the mothers, but now I need the space to put the clones in.

4. Check out Budslingers "Bubble cloner thread, also Rumpleforeskins cloning machine. Your cloning room/box is limited only by your imagination, wallet, and available space.
    Good luck:wave: