Building a bong.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by DPilon, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Hey guys! I am building myself a new bong, I would like to know how to do a hole in porcelain (I think?) without using a diamond bit. It would be very helpful! Thanks alot! Here's the water container.

The tube is made out of a diving tuba (rubber) will it melt when the smoke go through it? Is it safe?

I think I could make a hole on the lower visible part of it and insert a smaller tube and attach a bowl to it so the smoke goes in the water and comes back up the tube. Will it work?

Attached Files:

2. Dude f that do you got any bottle Layin around like this its a grey goose bottle

Attached Files:

3. No why? Is there a hole already made in it?

4. No I did that with a little drimmel kit eazy

5. No but its simple to put one and if you put a nice glass downstem, its not a bad set up at all.

6. Yeah the only prob was my female downstem broke in half when I was trying to point her down so be careful. Get a rubber stopper too

7. so? Any idea how?

8. What the hell is the base?

9. You cant make a hole in porcelain without a diamond tipped bit. You break any other bit or shatter the porcelain with anything else. Porcelain is a tougher more brittle version of ceramic. Basically not gonna happen.

10. The base looks like a porcelain coco nut..xd found it in my shed hahahaa

11. instead of that diving shit, go to home depot and get a piece of pvc pipe. hot glue that to the coconut, and your good.

Since it goes throught the waterr, and your not making any flame contact with anything but herb and the bowl, then your golden

12. The PVC pipe wont go through the initial hole, the diving pipe fits PERFECTLY into it, I don't think it wont matter that much if I use it because I wont light the rubber thing so It wont melt. I'll post picture of it because I am done, I would need help though because I am not sure for the bowl. You know those water hose connectors? I used one of those, its made of plastic but if I use aluminium paper on top it it I think it will work.

13. I finished it today, I have no weed so I can't test it out :( I'm gonna use aluminium paper instead of a screen so the plastic doesn't melt

Attached Files:

14. #15 muney420, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Haha for real

15. Is that a plastic bowl ?

16. Dude im not a scientist but last time i checked metal conducts heat... that slide appears to plastic, so eventually it will melt which the fumes would prolly do all sorts of fucked up shit to your lungs.. and maybe your head? just sayin bro... i dont want to make the stoner community to look bad if someone kills themself by smoking out of a contraption like that... You get an A for effort tho