Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Building A Bong

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by forty9erfan, Oct 2, 2014.

1. So I'm making a bong out of a jack daniels bottle; this is my first time making my own bong. I'm going to buy a 5/8" diamond head drill bit for like $10 and probs just buy http://www.bongoutlet.ca/downstem-14mm-14mm-p-648.html this downstem and I already have a bowl piece to fit it. Do you guys think that the rubber part of the downstem will be enough to seal the gap between the downstem and bong itself? If not, what would be the best way to seal it?

2. I'd just buy a cheap quality bong for under $20

Seems like a lot of work for such little savings

Omeguh

3. #4 As Above So Below, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    Yeah what Omeguh said lol. 

Or just buy a bowl+downstem and use it to make a gravity bong.

That's what I used to do. 2L, cut off the bottom, poke a small hole in the cap, good to go. 

4. Rubber grommet should be fine, could always use some glue or cocking.

5. sometimes you just want to use your hands...can be quite rewarding *hugs homemade glass dr pepper bottle extraction tube*

6. might have better luck posting this in the diy section under toking tools, alot of people dont understand that it can be really rewarding to make your own functional pieces from recycled materials. If it doesnt seal it you could use electrical tape in place of the grommet but it wont look as good.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Haha i LOVE making bongs (check out my name). Glass is hard to work with, but its no prob with a diamond drill. Sockets make great bowlheads

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum