Build your own grow cabinet system.

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by TranceKid, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Thanks for the input. I'd love if you could post any designs of yours up here :hello:

2. Nice Quick response... Here is a rough sketch, of pre planning, a while back.
    Might help people think about strains, and how much space they have, or need... This is in a 12'x10' room ... + half the closet.... Temps are hard to control, require high powered can fans and a AC unit.

If you notice this was an experiment of mine... Look at the 3 rockwool cube baskets, those are bubble buckets with larger basket lids... We actually went through with this, using 4 clones instead of 3... I have a cool end result pic.
    [​IMG]

AK48 - 42 grams.
    [​IMG]

3. Thats great man! Thanks for contributing!
    By the way, that looks like one dank plant.. 42 grams dry is a nice yield for one plant! :smoke:

4. Thanks... AK48 ... I'm not so impressed with... Black Widow I was more, it had a smoother taste, better aroma, more sativa buzz... Hawaiian Snow I give 5 stars, even though it is tough to keep alive, and doesn't care much for GH Nutes, it will still yeild a bunch of little dank (bowl size) buds, with a lot smoother taste, very nice energetic high, also somewhat purple and crystaly, visually appealing...

AK48 - 8 weeks - Good for scrogg and LST
    BLACK WIDOW - 10 weeks - Thick branches snap easily, bad scrogger
    Hawaiian Snow - 12 weeks - Very viney bush of a plant, supper stretch, prolly good for scrogg, never got to try it.

5. Hey a couple quick noob questions..

Is the exhaust fan is the fan blowing air and the intake fan is the one where it takes in fresh air from outside the grow box into it?

6. lol... yes. exhaust is like the exhaust on a vehicle. it removes the air(fumes) from the room(engine). intake... takes in fresh air... just like a car as well. the intake manifold takes in fresh air into the engine.

7. Nice analogy. And the intake fuels the grow! No carbon emissions.

8. The analogy doesn't really work if you're trying to control temperatures/humidity and/or smell.................

9. Well there are hanging air fresheners and temperature control?

10. Well it still wouldn't work perfectly like a simple inline exhaust fan with a carbon filter...

Carbon filter as an exhaust fan isn't releasing anything except air so...I dont understand how the analogy applies?

11. [quote name='"eastcoast22"']Nice analogy. And the intake fuels the grow! No carbon emissions.[/quote]

No. I was only saying that intake brings air in and exhaust removes it.

12. :hippie:

13. Hey there omdogg seen you around the fourmes and seen your grow and I am impressed ha keep it up check mine out in my Sig under lst question if ya want but the real reason I'm here I actually just built a box 2x1.5x4.5 and will be using a 150 watt hps and I would like to go about and use ur vent setup but would 4 in fans 105cfm be enough for the hps? And what about odor control I have two ona blocks now and they help but that's it

14. Well, it depends on how much stealth you need.... I would personally use a small 4" duct fan and a small carbon filter and that would really clear the smell but you'd sacrifice some stealth.

15. I would like to keep everything inside the box and the carbon filter would be a diy one off here and those inline fans are kinda price I could maybe go with a inline duct fan but would like to try it stick to computer fans

16. Thats what I meant, you could use a carbon filter with a duct fan not inline fan...

PC fans can work but the filter would really reduce airflow :eek:

17. Would a 4in be sufficient enough for a 150 hps? Or a 6 an how could I cut perfect holes on my smaller box I used a key hole saw drill bit and it was exapensive and really fucked my other box up it was a hole but it wasnt pretty ha

18. I made some carbon filters for my 120mm computers fans...Bad idea. I basically used a fish tank filter. Its like a mesh sack that holds carbon. Holy cow it rose the temps in my cab by 10-15F. Took away the smell but crap I wasn't trying to make an oven!

Cobound, I think a 4 inch would be fine. I think the biggest factor you should worry about is how many CFM's the fan can push. I saw you posted that you found a 105 cfm fan. I think that fan alone would be ok for your HPS, but if you throw a carbon filter on it your airflow will be reduced and your temps in the cab will increase.

If you can find a fan with double or triple the amount of CFMs, you should be good to throw a filter on it and not worry about temp or smell getting out of hand.

19. I Was thinking a 6 in duct fan 250 cfm an a diy carbon scrubber for exhaust and a pc fan 105 cfm for intake I just really don't have the money to play around and experiment with temps as I hear the hps is quite hot ha would like to get to right on the first try ha

20. I don't think you'd need an active intake in that box if you use a 250cfm duct fan... ;)

A 150w HPS isn't that hot....400w and over can get hot.