Build your own grow cabinet system.

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by TranceKid, Aug 15, 2011.

1. :hello:

2. the only sound board i see is acoustic barrier for in between drywall.. you think that would work inside my box or on the outside of it? the inside would probly create some added heat.

3. I'd keep it on the outside.;)

4. nice!! i didnt realize the led fans would add that much noise to my already louder fans.. this should do the trick im going to put it all around the outside hopefully its in stock i hate using homedepot site its very unorganized

5. I agree..they need to redo their site :cool:

6. ugh.. its not in stock in my state at all lol... and it doesnt even have a button to buy it online or anything

7. Maybe you can find it on another website that does ship to your state or is available..
    Another thing you could do it put a layer of foam to stop sound. :hello:

8. alright ya might just order it. is the one you use foam ? i dont want something super ugly may paint over it if possible or wallpaper lol

9. I put that home depot sound board inside the walls on the grow room. I did this

Drywall - wood - soundboard - wood - 2x4's - wood - soundboard - wood - drywall.

MEGA NOISE PROOFING :hello::smoke:

10. Its very effective. You could be using a chainsaw and you wouldn't be able to hear it. :smoke:

11. no luck finding anything that isnt over like 175 bucks for a roll...

12. Some people use fatmat or dynamat -- sticky sound deadening sheets intended for cars.

13. how about .. inside -> plywood -> sound board - plywood - paint?. i dont realy have room on the inside to add layers.. well id just rather not gut it out to add layers rather do it from outside

14. Sounds like plan man :smoke:

15. #38 TranceKid, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
    Hey blades,
    I made a design for a clone box using a 2ft T5 system as light to veg a standard tray of clones. If I decided to start cloning again, I'll build something like this soon.
    [​IMG]

16. Thread ransacked by farmboy.

17. :confused_2: