Build it and THEY will grow!! Stealth Grow Box Design

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by RobsGreen, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Yeah they do advertise the pump as a whisper one, heck the name is whisper. I ordered them online so I won't be returning them, I actually got 2 different types, the other I'm not sure what brand it is now but it was suppose to be quiet as well, its in a blue see through case. I was thinking about building a box to put them in but no room for it really.

Here's some pics at day 6 of flowering. Happy holidays to all. :wave:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dude your the man,you too have a great holiday season!!:wave:

3. dude that is insane for 2 weeks.
    excellent growing have a happy holiday man

4. Yeah its awesome to check on them everyday and see a big difference, I can almost watch them grow. :D

Well today being Christmas I think I just got my first gift, the one that means the most, 2 females baby!! :yay:

Now I don't want to get too excite as its only been 9 days in flowering but almost all the nodes have 2 hairs coming out, definitely not leaves coming in at those spots, I see absolutely no man balls. :hello:

Here's some pics, let me know what you guys think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's some pics from the top view.

Plant #1
    [​IMG]

Plant #2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Well it turns out what I was seeing was stipules not pistils. In any event I am able to say 100% that I do have 1 female on my hands the other still hasn't quite shown, I still think its female too, absolutely no sign of being a male anyways.

I put my scrog screen in yesterday so I sure hope the other shows its sex in the next day or 2. Here's what they look today. :hello: I was unable to get good shots of the buds forming, I have a new camera coming it should do the job.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's a pic which explains males from females, it was passed on to me.

[​IMG]

6. 2 females indeed!! :yay: Here's the closeups.

Plant #1
    [​IMG]

Plant #2
    [​IMG]

7. This thread makes me immeasurably happy, there's just something about growing plants. All the joy and wonder of a child without any of the screaming and crapping of the pants.

8. im so happy to see this grow turn out good, good job robs hope you well on your flowering cycle.

9. i really like your grow man good luck with the rest of it

10. nice grow man maybe you should post some pictures of the bud when they are all done

11. Thanks guys and I'll be sure to post some pics of the bud.

Things have been up and down or more like down and up. I was a little worried about the scrog screen causing some problems and that's what it did. A few days ago I noticed plant #2 quit drinking water and flowering had come to a hault, plant #1 was doing great in the flowering area. Plant #2 still only had the one pistil that I could see. The leaves also started curling up and she wasn't looking so great. I inspected her and finally noticed that the main stem was broken in the middle because I was bending it under the screen. I didn't have much of a fan blowing on them so the stem is kind of hallow. At this point it was up in the screen and looking pretty bad and still had hardly shown much sex so I made the hard decision of ripping her out of there. I drained the water, pulled her out and I have to say I wasn't the nicest about it. Then I put her aside in the living room.

Then I thought I would move the 1 plant in the middle of the cabinet and try and get as many tops from it as possible. After getting her all settled in I went back in the living room and saw my other baby sitting there looking so sad, of course that made me sad so I proceeded to get high. Then I think what am I doing, maybe I'm not giving her a chance, the break wasn't that bad maybe she could pull though. She had been out of the water for about 30 minutes now so I said if I'm going to do this I better act quick. Luckily I already had 2 gallons of fresh water so I only had to wait on 1.5 gallons, it took about 15 minutes. Then I had to mix the nutrients and adjust the ph, another 15 minutes. Finally about an hour later I get her back in water. I knew I couldn't continue to scrog this plant any more as it was broke so I cut out half of my screen so this one will grow normal. Finally after getting the screen back in place which was very hard because they tops were about 2-3" through it, I had finished a day I wished never happened. The next day I was worried what I would see when I opened it, especially with plant #1 because she was moved so much I thought I might slow her growth, didn't happen, she grew another inch. The other plant that was broken did look a bit better. Tonight when I checked on them plant #1 is doing really good, it appears no problems from being moved around. Plant #2 with the broken stem is looking a lot better, no new pistils but I don't expect any for a week or so. Hopefully she picks up where she left off, I'll be keeping a close eye on her.

Here's some pics.

These 3 are of plant #2 with the broken stem, this was 2 days ago. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's some pics from tonight. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plant #1, it has 16 tops sticking out and 1 more should be up tomorrow. :hello:

[​IMG]

Plant #2, starting to look normal again.

[​IMG]

12. Well its been 23 days into flowering, here's what I got. Plant #2 has definitely come back to life, lots of pistols showing up now. And to think I was about to throw her away. :eek: Now I'm worried about how tall these things will get, only about 14" of room left and they're growing about an inch a day. :smoking:

[​IMG]

Plant #1
    [​IMG]

Plant #2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. So yeah now I have a couple monsters on my hands. Plant #2 which had the broken back is doing good. Its not in the scrog screen and is growing way too fast, its starting to pull away from plant #1. Yesterday when I opened the cab plant #2 was growing past the light. :eek: I moved it up 2" more and today when I open it plant #2 was touching the glass again. Today I didn't make any adjustments to the light, its just going to have to grow into it while plant #1 catches up. The glass is cool to the touch so it should be ok. I'm certainly making the best of my available lumens. I only have 9.5 inches to move the light up, I think I'm going to be in trouble, especially with plant #2.

Here's a picture from yesterday.
    [​IMG]

Here's today (Jan 11/08)
    [​IMG]

Plant #1
    [​IMG]

Plant #2
    [​IMG]

Here's a few links to some super sized pics.

http://www.freewebtown.com/robsgreen/growbox/08-01-11.JPG
    http://www.freewebtown.com/robsgreen/growbox/000_0236.JPG
    http://www.freewebtown.com/robsgreen/growbox/000_0237.JPG

14. that is so awesome

15. Well things are going so good its bad. I can't stop these things from growing taller. Plant #2 has been pressed right up against the light for the last 3 days. Its actually taking it quite well, there's only one small burn mark on a leaf, its amazing its not fried. Its starting to take off in the flowering stage but at least 1.5 weeks behind plant #1. I may have to chop it down, I only have 5" of room left and all this heat stress can't be good, it has to warm up being against the glass for 12 hours of light.

This is yesterday (Jan 13)
    [​IMG]

This is today (Jan 14) I raised the light 2.5" over plant #2 and its up against the glass harder today.
    [​IMG]

Plant #1
    [​IMG]

Plant #2
    [​IMG]

First bud shot from plant #1. :hello:
    [​IMG]

16. good stuff. maybe you can try and supercrop or LST plant #2 to try and get it shorter. if its too late to LST cause its so big, try supercropping (twisting/snapping branches).

you could snap the branches that are up top or just the center one and angle the plant. when supercropped branches heal they grow thicker and stronger, and it will also allow you to save vertical space.

don't chop her down though! cutting her main top off would get you more bud than getting rid of her.

17. I should look into LSTing, I know nothing about it really. The supercropping sounds easy but a little stressful. I tried laying them over today but was worried about snapping them, I might give that a try tomorrow. The only reason I'm thinking about tossing her is I'm worried she'll go hermi and ruin my other female, she looks really nice, tons of buds and I don't want to wreck that. Thanks for giving me something to look into.

Oh yeah, I love that car, sexy or what. My guess is a BMW?

18. hey man what you need to do is get some little tie rap things. that you would use to tie off a garbage bag and tame the cola's. you need to tie them down, bend them a little. i believe you prolly should have done this as soon as they were about an inch above the screen. but yeah i think should be alright if you just tie em down a little.

19. no problem.

the car is the new BMW M3 <<< beast :bolt:

20. Finally growth has slowed down some and plant #2 is really starting to bud now. I didn't have the heart to break any of her stems, she's been through so much already so I did the twist tie thing and tied her down. Some leaves are still touching the glass but she'll be ok, no buds are on the glass. Here's a pic of them tonight, didn't get to many because the batteries weren't charged.

[​IMG]

I'm happy to say I'll be starting construction on a new grow box tomorrow, it'll be the deluxe model. I'm building it right from scratch and I have about a month to get it working perfectly. It'll have a grow, mother and clone chamber and will be about 7' high and 5.5' wide fully loaded. Today
    I went to my local hardware store, asked if I could get a piece of wood and have it cut, guy said sure come with me, I said I'll take 6 - 4x8 sheets, we went to back and 60 cuts later and a slightly pissed off worker here's what I have. ;)

[​IMG]

I'm so excited I had to mention it, I'll try and keep it quiet until its all done. :D