Build help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MSsucks, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Any advice welcome, please

I have been using for medicinal purposes for years but had to stop due to the costs. Now I am in a position to afford it again I want to create a low maintenance low cost way of producing enough for myself (about an ounce a month).

I have a 300w led grow panel and a cold climate, the build will either need to be in an outbuilding and heated/humidified or indoor with stealth zero odour with something like a carbon filter.

I have very limited funds but am a dab hand at DIY.

I will be using UK suppliers for any purchases of materials and have nothing except space and the led light.

I hope to have one box for the whole process and only one plant at a time growing. From seed to harvest. I am thinking of soil growing with a tubular greenhouse heater a few PC fans and a Max/min thermometer so I can dial in the tubular heater setting. Or a thermostat switch if I find one I can easily wire up (for the outhouse box).

I am worried that if I put my grow box in an outhouse the cold will require a lot of heat and this in turn will require a humidifier for keeping the moisture levels correct. I have read that humidifiers can be use to regulate temperature as well but I'm sceptical if the ones I can afford will be any good at this.

My total budget is a measly 100 but I have a cabinet, tools and the light already.

Any advice, links to guides for noobs or help would be greatly appreciated please?

2. #2 PNWClosetGrower, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016
    For 3 ounces your going to want two plants so a 2x4' box, 2 sq feet per plant. Generally figure your cubic feet and put air holes on the bottom and blow the air out the top through an inline fan witch is run through a carbon filter for the odors, if your worried about odor build up it has to be vented out doors. Cycle the air at one to two times the cubic feet of the box per minute. Your target temp should be in the mid 70's to 80. Target hum for veg is 70% and flower is 30-40%. i could do that for close to 100 if i already had a light but my soils and nutrients would put me way over. Make sure you figure how high above the plants your light needs to be in the height of your box so your plants have enough room without getting burnt. Mistake i made on my first box. I built my box and it works beautifully, take a look at my journal if you want to see how i did it. Used a pretty typical method i think.